Honored Contributor

I've never been interested in having tattoos, but one of my kids has several. I say do what makes you happy.

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

This again?  I answered the first ten threads on this topic. Lol. 

@GenXmuse

This topic has come up before and probably will again.

We're kinda limited on what topics we can discuss here, so sometimes 'previous' topics come up again....and again.

If you're tired of this subject that you've already answered "10 times", wouldn't it be easier for you to just ignore the 11th time?

Just a friendly suggestion.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Well my first one isn't necessarily one I'd get now. But I don't mind. It marks a time and place anyway. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

It may be an old topic to some but, for those new to the Forum, it's new. In addition, some topics have become a tradition. I miss the Xmas v Christmas, the crockpot canned soup controversy, and I was pleased to see the Merry Christmas v Happy Holiday thread yet again this year.

Honored Contributor

I am 62, and Tatoos are just not something that I grew up with when younger.....

I have no tats....and would never desire to get one.  But,   I can understand the younger crowd seeing them as normal...like piercing your ears was for my generation.  I have nothing against them. 

I do have pieced ears that I pierced myself with an ice cube, sewing needle and a cork. After putting the needle through my ear lobe, I rubbed them with hydrogen peroxide and put a stainless steal wire through each hole that  I made into a small hoop so  I could move and rotate  the hoop as my ears healed. I kept applying the hydrogen peroxide as they healed. 

I was 21 and could not afford to have my ears pierced, so I did it myself! It hurt like the dickens!  But I enjoy wearing my earrings today in those piercings that I did 40 years ago

Honored Contributor

I have never liked tattoos, nor ever thought seriously about getting one.

Respected Contributor

Do what feels right to YOU. Personally, I have a negative "Ewww!" reaction to tattoos. To me, they are ugly. But what difference does my opinion make? It's your body! 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

This again?  I answered the first ten threads on this topic. Lol. 

@GenXmuse

This topic has come up before and probably will again.

We're kinda limited on what topics we can discuss here, so sometimes 'previous' topics come up again....and again.

If you're tired of this subject that you've already answered "10 times", wouldn't it be easier for you to just ignore the 11th time?

Just a friendly suggestion

I took her response as humorous.  This topic has been discussed many times. I like a wry sense of humor and that's exactly what I got from her post.

Esteemed Contributor

Ah, the annual tattoo thread. Yes I have one. No it's not huge. Yes it's symbolic. No, it's not trampy. Yes, I like them, or I wouldn't have bought one. 

Respected Contributor

My late Mother had a tattoo of my Dad's name above her knee (it was small) since before i was born. 

My sister had a dove on her chest....she had it removed and said that hurt worse.

I know more people with tattoos than without. It's just ink.