Honored Contributor

Re: Stupid people will be stupid everywhere

@Meowingkitty @The woman is 30 years old..I don’t think she can win the argument that she didn’t know better.i hope the zoo sues her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stupid people taking selfies

[ Edited ]

The issue is she climbed over a barrier to take a selfie, so yes, the selfie equates with the stupidity.  Without the need to get that selfie, she wouldn't have climbed over the barrier (hopefully).

We don't know how "stupid" this woman is in her life; this could have been a simple lapse in judgment and now we are stretching this into her buying alcohol and driving.

Nothing like taking a story and running with nonsense.  LOL

For heaven't sake.  She did a really dumb thing BECAUSE of selfies.

She paid a price, as she should have.

However, saying she has had 30 something years to hone her stupidity is..........stupid.

All of us have done some things that are "stupid" in our lifetime; it doesn't mean we've been fostering our "stupidity" all this time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There have always been people that have absolutely no common sense and are just plain stupid....And technology has seemed to intensified their ignorance....add in a narcissistic personality and a craving to get the spotlight and a claim to "fame" you got these Selfie addicted idiots that only think about the photo and ignore any serious consequences of their actions Woman Mad

I am so happy to hear that the Jaguar won't be put down, I wish and hope the Zoo would sue her for endangering a valuable animal since she went through the barrier......

I'm seeing more and more signs banning cell phones---doctor and medical offices, restaraunts, work places (except break/lunch times) etc etc maybe the Zoos will have to adopt that policy too...in order to protect the animals from selfie fiends !!!

Image result for cat making fun of selfies meme

Image result for cat making fun of stupid people taking selfies meme

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

And we have a Darwin Award winner for the week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Lyttlewyng   I agree, but I don't yell at the TV, I am constantly asking my DH "WTH is wrong with people?"  I felt so bad about the 6yr. boy that got tetanus. First case in Oregon in 30 yrs. Cut his head while at a farm and evidently his parents cleaned it and stitched it up. I can't imagine stitching up something on my child. I hated putting anything that stung, and hurt, them  when they scraped their knee. Little guy got lockjaw,was in ICU for weeks.

The bill was over $800,000.00 w/o the Life Flight and rehab. People have to make their own choices for their kids, but that kid went thru he**.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  - I do that at least 10 times a day, in those exact words.  My DH just shakes his head, as he has no answer.  Lately, I fast-forward through a lot of the news.  I'm on "stupidity" overload.

In this case of the woman at the zoo, my concern is for the jaguar, not the arrogant woman who thought it was okay for her to ignore the barrier and the safety rules to get a stupid selfie.  Hope her medical bills knock some sense into her.  Maybe she can take a photo of the scars.

(It just makes me angry, when people do things like this, because the animals have no choice in the matter and they're put at risk.)

Honored Contributor

Part of this rocket scientist's punishment should include forcing her to give up her phone for at least 30 days... And yes, she should be punished... Phone addiction has reached well beyond epidemic proportions... Maybe we need a 12 Step program for phone junkies...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Lyttlewyng   I agree, but I don't yell at the TV, I am constantly asking my DH "WTH is wrong with people?"  I felt so bad about the 6yr. boy that got tetanus. First case in Oregon in 30 yrs. Cut his head while at a farm and evidently his parents cleaned it and stitched it up. I can't imagine stitching up something on my child. I hated putting anything that stung, and hurt, them  when they scraped their knee. Little guy got lockjaw,was in ICU for weeks.

The bill was over $800,000.00 w/o the Life Flight and rehab. People have to make their own choices for their kids, but that kid went thru he**.

yeah, and the public will pay the bill . Parents are to dumb to care for kids

Contributor

These stupid people deserve whatever they get.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

The issue is she climbed over a barrier to take a selfie, so yes, the selfie equates with the stupidity.  Without the need to get that selfie, she wouldn't have climbed over the barrier (hopefully).

We don't know how "stupid" this woman is in her life; this could have been a simple lapse in judgment and now we are stretching this into her buying alcohol and driving.

Nothing like taking a story and running with nonsense.  LOL

For heaven't sake.  She did a really dumb thing BECAUSE of selfies.

She paid a price, as she should have.

However, saying she has had 30 something years to hone her stupidity is..........stupid.

All of us have done some things that are "stupid" in our lifetime; it doesn't mean we've been fostering our "stupidity" all this time.

@Cakers3 

With age comes life experiences and at least a little common sense should be learned in time.....and some things are pretty OBVIOUS...if she hasn't learned that....then the elevator must not go all the way to the top.... Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Years ago, on a visit to another zoo, and not my local zoo:

A man was holding and dangling, bouncing his baby directly above a tiger enclosure.  Two tigers below, looking and looking up at the baby.

The distance wasn't overly high, and who knows if one or both of those tigers could 'leap/jump up' and swipe the baby with their paws.

'Just sayin'..............'

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).