Except it hasn't been peppered.

Should you behold a panther crouch,

Prepare to say Ouch.

Better yet, if called by a panther,

Don't anther.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stupid people taking selfies

I read online that there are many people who need therapy to stop taking these selfies, there are people out there who take over 300 to 400 selfies a day. Go on u tube and you will see videos of why and how they manage to take so much in one day. Just cray... cray. Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@goldensrbest   the op said the cat was not going to be put down.  

Oh thank goodness.. that would be wrong on so many levels.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad the jaguar swatted her and I hope she gets fined.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

No sympathy at all for the egotistic who chase unusual selfish.

But, really, what % of selfies show people at their best.  Seems to me, about 90% of the ones I've seen I would not keep in my phone let alone post

Honored Contributor

I agree with all the posters on this one and am glad the animal won't be put down for the ignorance and arrogance of a human. The animal is only defending itself as it does in the wild, the human should have a functioning brain to know better and in this case doesn't.

As far as selfies are concerned I could care less and have absolutely no interest in taking my picture constantly alone or with others.  It's amazing how I survive without doing this as I do without being on my cell phone 24/7!!!!!  Life has so much more to offer.

Valued Contributor

Stupidity doesn't stop at taking dangerous selfies. I shake my head when watching news reporting how people think they can get away with robberies, road rage, arbitrary violence, actors faking injustice, entertainers having secret encounters with minors, bullying on every level and every other stupid behavior you can think of. After these dumb individuals get caught, they respond with....."Why me?"

That's when I shout at the TV, "BECAUSE YOU'RE STUPID!"

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

Stupid people will be stupid everywhere

[ Edited ]

A selfie has nothing to do with being stupid.

She has 30-some years of honing her stupidity even before phones

were readily available. I worry more that she drives the same

roads as I do...and can purchase alcohol, which just ramps

up the stupidity. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stupid people will be stupid everywhere

I live not to far from the zoo. They are doing an investigation to make sure the barriers are sufficient but they aren’t going to put the cat down. This woman was an idiot but now she’ll probably try and sue for her stupid actions. If you don’t want to be lunch for the kitty she should have stayed behind the bars. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lyttlewyng   I agree, but I don't yell at the TV, I am constantly asking my DH "WTH is wrong with people?"  I felt so bad about the 6yr. boy that got tetanus. First case in Oregon in 30 yrs. Cut his head while at a farm and evidently his parents cleaned it and stitched it up. I can't imagine stitching up something on my child. I hated putting anything that stung, and hurt, them  when they scraped their knee. Little guy got lockjaw,was in ICU for weeks.

The bill was over $800,000.00 w/o the Life Flight and rehab. People have to make their own choices for their kids, but that kid went thru he**.