Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of leaving your purses unattended... yesterday we were

@Pearlee wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

When you think about it, that's pathetic to have to tell people to do something sensible huh? 

It's much more pathetic that things have to be kept out of sight.  If there weren't criminals willing to steal, we could leave packlages in full view in the car.  It's not the victim's fault!

@pearly, I feel we are both correct.  Even when people hide or not have anything in site, criminals can always strike.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

While grocery shopping, I saw an empty cart with a purse in the top. There was no one nearby, so it seemed someone just forgot It.  They must have really been distracted.

I turned it in to Customer Service. 

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

While grocery shopping, I saw an empty cart with a purse in the top. There was no one nearby, so it seemed someone just forgot It.  They must have really been distracted.

I'm sure when that person turned back around and that purse was gone they about had a heart attack. Why would you take it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are indeed a Good Samaritan @Suziepeach Heart

It amazes me that some women will just not head these warnings that have been on the news and in magazines and social media.....

Sometimes while shopping with friends we will stop off at the grocery store and I am always fussing at my friends for leaving their purse in the basket unattended while they grab a couple of items....All it takes is a dishonest person and a couple of seconds......I always have my purse on my shoulder and close to me....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Best the purse is turned into Customer Service and then an announcement made over the intercom-- to please check your carts!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

When you think about it, that's pathetic to have to tell people to do something sensible huh? 

It's much more pathetic that things have to be kept out of sight.  If there weren't criminals willing to steal, we could leave packlages in full view in the car.  It's not the victim's fault!

@Pearlee  Sadly that is the world we live in so everyone needs to accept responsibility and do their own due dilegence......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

shopping a brick & mortar store in the mall..  came into the purse section and lo and behold I leaned over an open purse with everything in it.  My husband stood guard while I found one of the ladies in that section.  Her mouth hit the floor and said, "I know who that belongs too, she works in the other section and got in a hurry and forgot it."  I said, "You tell her, for us, she's darn lucky someone didn't carry this off."  Felt kinda good doing such a good deed...  I have a feeling that the purse actually belonged to the lady checking me out as she gave me a big ole hug right before I headed to the make-up section.. 

,@Suziepeach you did good!

Trusted Contributor

I have a carabiner clip on my purse and clip it to the cart so if someone tried to grabbed it they would not get it out of the cart quickly. I also have tiny carabiner clips that I put on the zippers to slow down anyone who might try to open a zipper to get to my wallet. I never leave my purse unattended, but even a turn of the head to say "Hi" to a neighbor or while I am bagging can be an opportunity for a thief. At least if they grab it – it won’t leave the cart and will alert to a struggle. Nothing is foolproof, even if you are wearing it they can just cut the straps, grab & run if they really want it. All we can do is make it less of an opportunity to be successful.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt Well of course, Spurt.  Always take precautions and don't foolishly invite trouble.  I just wanted to make the point that the criminals are worse than negligent victims and to keep the focus on the real wrongdoers.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

@ Montana

They're lucky that an honest person like yourself spotted it first and took it to CS, good job!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.