Honored Contributor

Speaking of leaving your purses unattended... yesterday we were

shopping a brick & mortar store in the mall..  came into the purse section and lo and behold I leaned over an open purse with everything in it.  My husband stood guard while I found one of the ladies in that section.  Her mouth hit the floor and said, "I know who that belongs too, she works in the other section and got in a hurry and forgot it."  I said, "You tell her, for us, she's darn lucky someone didn't carry this off."  Felt kinda good doing such a good deed...  I have a feeling that the purse actually belonged to the lady checking me out as she gave me a big ole hug right before I headed to the make-up section.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of leaving your purses unattended... yesterday we were

@Suziepeach  You get the gold star for your good deed for sure.  This continues to baffle m e as to why women do this.  Just Friday I was in Aldi's and a woman nonchalantly plopped her big handbag in the kid's seat in her cart and politely walked away from it.  Her cart was right next to me, I could have so lifted it and she never would have even seen me do it.  CRAZY!!!!!!!!  I just shook my head in  disbelief.

STOP DOING THIS WOMEN!!!!!!  It takes nothing to keep your bag on your arm or shoulder.  By yourself a crossbody bag - these are painless also.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Suziepeach  You get the gold star for your good deed for sure.  This continues to baffle m e as to why women do this.  Just Friday I was in Aldi's and a woman nonchalantly plopped her big handbag in the kid's seat in her cart and politely walked away from it.  Her cart was right next to me, I could have so lifted it and she never would have even seen me do it.  CRAZY!!!!!!!!  I just shook my head in  disbelief.

STOP DOING THIS WOMEN!!!!!!  It takes nothing to keep your bag on your arm or shoulder.  By yourself a crossbody bag - these are painless also.

@PINKdogWOOD I don't get it either... they must have the theory, "Oh that can't or won't happen to me, I have eyes in the back of my head, I can see everything!" ...   funny thing at the retail store, this ladies purse was exactly like the purse on display next to it, LOL ..    OHHHHH in Gwinnet county, the police have started canvasing parking lots, they're looking in each vehicle and if anything worth stealing is visible, they're leaving notes on the windshield to tell them to not do that..  When you think about it, that's pathetic to have to tell people to do something sensible huh? 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

That's why I'm not crazy about big handbags.  Small-Medium-ish cross body or shoulder strap handbags for me.  Also, I dislike having to set down a large handbag on the (dirty?) floor while I hold up various clothing items, checking them out for size and flaws.  JMO  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  'They say' that the top shelf of a shopping cart (where kids sit) is not the cleanest place on earth.  Just sayin'.....

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

It definitely is an odd thing ......   I always put my bag in the kids' seat, but then keep the strap on the cart handle.   That way, I can keep my hand on the cart AND  my handbag.  

I would never walk away from my bag in a cart!

Esteemed Contributor

I put my purse in the kiddie seat of the shopping cart, and thread the safety straps through the purse handles, and fasten the safety strap.

Oh, and my purse is closed.

Honored Contributor

You did a good thing.I hope the employee was honest, when they gave it to the lady. nothing was taken.

Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

When you think about it, that's pathetic to have to tell people to do something sensible huh? 

It's much more pathetic that things have to be kept out of sight.  If there weren't criminals willing to steal, we could leave packlages in full view in the car.  It's not the victim's fault!

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

p.s.  'They say' that the top shelf of a shopping cart (where kids sit) is not the cleanest place on earth.  Just sayin'.....

True, which is why I like microfiber handbags.  Not only are they very light  weight, but you can wipe them down with anitbacterial wipes when you get home!