Honored Contributor

@sandraskates, yes I instantly saw the resemblance to The Grove and Americana. I was born and raised in LA and only moved to the Central Coast a year ago. I love the not-LA weather :-) I didn't live far (well, by miles anyway, not necessarily by driving time, lol) from Farmer's Market/The Grove and went often. Had gone to FM since I was a child - many happy memories there.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

The greed of the higher ups within Sears deserve everything they are getting, they chose money over loyal employees & quality, now they can watch their empire fall down around them, karma has once again shown that greed never wins!

Gee.  Do you hate all corporations?  Maybe they just didn't get with the times we are living with? The greediest of all is Jeff Bezos of Amazon.  Wait and see what he does with Whole Foods Market.  He Is already trying to get rid of human employees.  Why do you post here, if you find corporations so greedy?  

You just did the same thing you accused @CareBears of doing @GSPgirl.  You're lamenting about Amazon which is a huge corporation.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

The malls destroyed downtown shopping. Now the internet is doing the same to the malls. I live in a small city. We've always had very few choices about where to shop. Now the world is my oyster. I can get whatever I want and comparison shop. I just bought two pairs of one of my favorite shoe brands, Pikolinos, at significant savings. Having worn the brand for years, I know my size and I know which type of style fits me best. So, in a few days, two pairs of shoes will be delivered right to my front door. Malls just can't compete with that.

I have found this to be true for me too. But this is my concern about losing so many local stores that sell accesoories, shoes, and clothing--how do I know what will fit if I've never tried on the brand or that particular style? Then it becomes a game of chance and the bother of returns. At some point I will be interested in something other than what I have bought before.

I like to see and feel the material of a garment, which can instantly make me change my mind. Colors are often radically different from being seen on devices than in person so matching something already in your closet can be tricky. Has the fun of a shopping day been replaced with sitting in front of a computer and clicking? Half of what I purchase is usually the result of something unexpected catching my eye across the store. Just some musings on shopping. I will no choice but to adapt to what the future brings.

I take it you don't shop too much on QVC then.  I know I don't but how do you manage feeling the garments at the Q before you even order an item @SunValley?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Signs of the end....

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl First of all I am entitled to my opinion just as you are, and until you know my experience as to why I believe that  Sears deserves everything they are getting, DO NOT judge me, I do not owe you or anyone else an explanation!

Have you ever heard of if you cannot say anything nice then do not say anything at all, you should learn to live by those words!

And not once did I mention I find corporations greedy, I clearly stated that Sears deserves what they are getting, I guess because you assumed after reading my post, then that makes you correct?

Oh and by the way, I hope you have a good day!

Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis @Qgirl2 Gee.  Do you hate all corporations?  Maybe they just didn't get with the times we are living with? The greediest of all is Jeff Bezos of Amazon.  Wait and see what he does with Whole Foods Market.  He Is already trying to get rid of human employees.  Why do you post here, if you find corporations so greedy?  

Thank you @itiswhatitis I guess @Qgirl2 thinks she is entitled to her opinion but no one else is!

Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

The malls destroyed downtown shopping. Now the internet is doing the same to the malls. I live in a small city. We've always had very few choices about where to shop. Now the world is my oyster. I can get whatever I want and comparison shop. I just bought two pairs of one of my favorite shoe brands, Pikolinos, at significant savings. Having worn the brand for years, I know my size and I know which type of style fits me best. So, in a few days, two pairs of shoes will be delivered right to my front door. Malls just can't compete with that.

I have found this to be true for me too. But this is my concern about losing so many local stores that sell accesoories, shoes, and clothing--how do I know what will fit if I've never tried on the brand or that particular style? Then it becomes a game of chance and the bother of returns. At some point I will be interested in something other than what I have bought before.

I like to see and feel the material of a garment, which can instantly make me change my mind. Colors are often radically different from being seen on devices than in person so matching something already in your closet can be tricky. Has the fun of a shopping day been replaced with sitting in front of a computer and clicking? Half of what I purchase is usually the result of something unexpected catching my eye across the store. Just some musings on shopping. I will no choice but to adapt to what the future brings.

I take it you don't shop too much on QVC then.  I know I don't but how do you manage feeling the garments at the Q before you even order an item @SunValley?

I do have some Q clothing. I started buying D&C tees when the old return policy was in effect and like them, so I will reorder based on that. I also like Isaac Mizrahi's 24/7 pants and will reorder. But I still prefer to shop at a store. I shop online but stick with what I know works because returns are expensive at the Q.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Sears stores have always been unappealing. Unattractive displays, lighting, frumpy clothing. Not a happy place to shop.

I prefer shopping in B&M stores, not only can I touch, try on; I get exercise walking about. No wonder people keep getting fatter, all they do is sit in front of tvs and computers while eating snacks.

I totally agree. I always found going into Sears unpleasant. We often have to walk through it to get to the rest of the mall because that is the only side of the mall you can find parking and it is always dead. I feel the same way about jcpennys. They've both run their course and don't keep up with the times. Sears' offerings are unappealing, outdated and uninspired.

Like another poster mentioned, I like to see and feel and try on clothes in person. There are certain fabrics I don't like to wear, even if the shirt or sweater is pretty. I have very hard to fit feet for shoes (platypus, they call it and a very high arch) so it is mandatory I try out a new brand in person first. So many brands/styles don't fit well. BUT once I establish what works or doesn't, I prefer online since it almost always is cheaper. I also find it weird they places like Macy's won't even price match the prices online from their very own website!? Where, then, is the incentive for me to buy in store vs. online!?

That has never been my experience, @HappyDaze. Macy's has always honored their online purchases for me.

In fact, just a few days ago, our salesperson took it upon herself to double-check the online price of a comforter we were buying.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Well not sure what to tell you. The few times I've tried at a few different Macy's in my area they don't price match. Weird.

Valued Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

The greed of the higher ups within Sears deserve everything they are getting, they chose money over loyal employees & quality, now they can watch their empire fall down around them, karma has once again shown that greed never wins!

It is karma--weren't they the ones who tried to shove the dismal "Kardashian klothing" line down our throats a few years ago?

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears  Are they any different than any other large corporation?  The "haves" will come out smelling like roses while the "have nots" line up for unemployment. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment