Esteemed Contributor

Interesting Dream I Had Last Night

Last night I had a dream that my late mother came to visit me.

I asked her what Heaven was like.

She avoided answering my question, so I asked her again, what Heaven was like. Again, she avoided answering my question.

My dream ended shortly after that.

As I said, interesting dream.

Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting Dream I Had Last Night

I too have weird dreams sometiimes.  Your dream was interesting.  I have a couple of friends that would always analyze the meaning of my dreams - they were really good at it.  They hit on things going on in my life at the time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

More importantly, how did you feel during the dream & when you awoke?

Dreams are symbolic. Was your mom at peace? Your answer may be in her demeanor and not her words.

Honored Contributor

I dreamed about my late husband often after he passed, 4-1/2 years ago.  He always seemed annoyed & restless.

There was a long spell I didn't dream about him.

Then last week I dreamed about him and he was happy.

It was very comforting for me to see him that way.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Last night I had a dream that my late mother came to visit me.

I asked her what Heaven was like.

She avoided answering my question, so I asked her again, what Heaven was like. Again, she avoided answering my question.

My dream ended shortly after that.

As I said, interesting dream.

@Plaid Pants2  I dreamt of my dad and one of my best friens shortly after both had died.  I asked Dad about heaven but  my dad just disappeared.

My friend was telling me as she smiled that she was happy (she died from cancer) but I when I asked her what God was like she became very serious and also disappeared.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

My former boss passed away three years ago. No one knew he had cancer until right before his passing. I had already retired moved back east. Nick was generous and kind man. He was always polite over the twenty plus years worked for him we became friends. The day my former co-worker called informing me that he died that night he came to visit me in a dream, oh my! crystal clear. He told me he was free and no longer in pain. He looked young and vibrate. He never visited before or since. Felt comforted by his words.💁
Esteemed Contributor

In my dream, I was a little exasperated that my mom wouldn't answer my question.

When I woke up, I was a little confused as to why she wouldn't answer my question.

I am thinking that maybe they are not allowed to talk about Heaven????

Super Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

In my dream, I was a little exasperated that my mom wouldn't answer my question.

When I woke up, I was a little confused as to why she wouldn't answer my question.

. . . . Or maybe it's their way of telling you it's not time for you to know about being in heaven yet. It's not yet your time. 

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's interesting that I should see this post now.  Last week we buried my Dad.  For several nights I have been reliving the last hours of his life and the first big stroke that really took him out.  I was with him when it happened.  I woke up abruptly the night before last to a voice that called me by name and said, "He is well.  He is happy". Last night I finally slept well.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

----------

You may have hit on something.  Perhaps it can't be described in human terms so she just avoided trying to explain.