Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

Current events that do not involve politics, products and such have not been banned as far as I know. Is when they become against guidelines, argumentative and downright nasty they tend to get the poof. On the internet there are so many other venues to discuss those things and participate in argumentative topics which "anything goes" Even Face Book has become a place to snipe anyone who dare think differently or not fall into herd thinking. I dont always agree on the subjects being deleted but is not my place to dictiate how these boards are run.

I put in 3 letters of the alphabet in CAPS, in a non-political-non-religous post and up comes it was removed because it is controversial? Please!!!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political

Respected Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

"noise" is the perfect term.

It's nice to be able to come here and not have to deal with that sort of stuff.  Some people enjoy the drama of it all...

I agree completely. I am not reticent in my political opinions but it is a relief to have a respite here. Those who's feel the need to have that kind of discussion, there are plenty of places to have them. It's refreshing to have one that's not. It would be different if some posters could exhibit restraint and respect for others opinions, but it has never been that way here with some unwilling to be at the very least, civil.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

"noise" is the perfect term.

It's nice to be able to come here and not have to deal with that sort of stuff.  Some people enjoy the drama of it all...

I agree completely. I am not reticent in my political opinions but it is a relief to have a respite here. Those who's feel the need to have that kind of discussion, there are plenty of places to have them. It's refreshing to have one that's not. It would be different if some posters could exhibit restraint and respect for others opinions, but it has never been that way here with some unwilling to be at the very least, civil.

@reiki604@Thanks for putting it so well, I know we all have opinions, but there are so many other places to express them ,( or not. )

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I think it would be nice to discuss some intelligent, meaningful topics from time to time if so desired. Current events including politics should not be forbidden topics. We should have the choice to respond or ignore as with any other subject.

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

I think it would be nice to discuss some intelligent, meaningful topics from time to time if so desired. Current events including politics should not be forbidden topics. We should have the choice to respond or ignore as with any other subject.

Intelligent topics are discussed here, and not all of them are poofed - some continue until they run down on their own.

It depends on which posters decide to participate. There are some posters who revel in rudeness, so to speak. They too have the "choice" to respond ... or not. Should all other posters then "ignore" them, and should they then be able to control the threads and the forums through their aggressive rudeness? Is that somehow "better?"

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Now if there was only a refuge from people who have had a post or two removed and *can't let it go.* 

Many posters have had posts deleted by the moderators. Most of us just shrug and think "whatever" and get over it, knowing we are not special snowflakes. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen!

Sometimes the whining goes on for days and weeks.  The interesting thing is often the whiner is one who has become proficient at inserting political or some other not-allowed subject matter and becomes irate when the mods catch onto the tricks.

You have to just sit back and chuckle when the games are noticed and the posts go bye bye.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I don't see what the problem would be to have a board dedicated to politics and current events that might have a politcial component.  Although I do understand that maybe QVC just doesn't want the inevitable vitriol and nastiness that follows.  Some boards just leave all of that up for everyone to see and respond to or not.  A board I posted on YEARS ago is still around with a political arena - the posters there are brutal and ugly.  I just happened to read there one day a few months back and said "Oh, geez, I am so not interested in this ******" and haven't gone back.

I've gotten the "time out" chair here a couple times for alluding to a certain political candidate .

It was worth the laughs I got out of those threads.  No one got into fights on those, they were just funny.

Welll, as long as they were left standing anyway.