Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Moderators please

[ Edited ]

@Eva-QVC wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

How come QVC is selling  religion jewelry, the hosts are saying prayers and talking about the Holy Mother on QVC programing, yet if we even say a prayer or blessing on a thread, the post or thread gets removed?  Maybe a moderator could enlighten me on this?  I am asking out of confusion... and just want clarity. Thank-you.

Hello @SeaMaiden - I would be happy to answer your question. The Community Forums are completely separate from on-air programming.

In the forums, we have found that religious discussions almost always don’t end well and that’s not a friendly experience for anyone, so it is not allowed. Hope this helps to clarify. Thanks!

Hi @Eva-QVC

Thank you for your input.  I think most of us understand the reason to curtail political discussions, but the question was about prayer and civil religious comments. 

Not long ago, it was allowed on Among Friends and it was easy to moderate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How far are those who just say "Don't open a thread" going to go? There are and should be limits on they type of threads or comments posted on this company's board. They are very much in sync with other general message boards.

There are many political- or religious-oriented sites for those who wish to go that route. But both politics and religion are rightly considered controversial. I don't think that saying that you'll pray for someone who is in distress qualifies any more than I would say that I'll keep that person in my thoughts.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Social Team

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Eva-QVC wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

How come QVC is selling  religion jewelry, the hosts are saying prayers and talking about the Holy Mother on QVC programing, yet if we even say a prayer or blessing on a thread, the post or thread gets removed?  Maybe a moderator could enlighten me on this?  I am asking out of confusion... and just want clarity. Thank-you.

Hello @SeaMaiden - I would be happy to answer your question. The Community Forums are completely separate from on-air programming.

In the forums, we have found that religious discussions almost always don’t end well and that’s not a friendly experience for anyone, so it is not allowed. Hope this helps to clarify. Thanks!

Hi @Eva-QVC

Thank you for your input.  I think most of us understand the reason to curtail political discussions, but the question was about prayer and civil religious comments. 

Not long ago, it was allowed on Among Friends and it was easy to moderate.

@Noel7Certainly telling someone you will say a prayer for them is always fine. 

Honored Contributor

They sell Bibles, too. It's just a way for them to make money. Has nothing to do with this forum.

Trusted Contributor

SeaMaiden:  I didn't want to say, but I'm  glad somebody did.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde. Whether certain religious items sell better than others or even not at all, offer them all for sale or do not sell any religious items. Be inclusive.

Valued Contributor

Thiis may not be popular ,  but, why are you asking an employee. they are  doing a job.Not policy makers.why not ask the powers that be at qvc? whould you go into a store and question an employee about setting store policy? i have seen changes  so good here in the vibes.I have had moderaters  tell me they wish me well, even  investigate someone  giving me a hard time. They are doing a job well , and difficult   to do. I appreciate  the removal of political  debates, if i wanted that there's  news  shows having at it. Also remember posters ask for threads  to be deleted  ,not the mods  doing it... Better to embrace change for the better then to keep  beating a dead   issue. you post it goes poof ,move on...Maryanne

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Moonchilde. Whether certain religious items sell better than others or even not at all, offer them all for sale or do not sell any religious items. Be inclusive.

@Shanus,whether you and I believe that, QVC IS a business, so it is a valid excuse. But not a whole lot more than an excuse 😟

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Noel ,is right look at how many threads get deleted because people start causing trouble,if you don't like a thread why not pass by it?

Because it just doesn't happen.

Yes any thread *can* turn into a heated debate or argument but there are some topics that almost always do or have a higher likely hood of turning contentious.  One of those topics is religion. 

I'm surprised posters don't realize that if they've been here any amount of time.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Noel ,is right look at how many threads get deleted because people start causing trouble,if you don't like a thread why not pass by it?

Because it just doesn't happen.

Yes any thread *can* turn into a heated debate or argument but there are some topics that almost always do or have a higher likely hood of turning contentious.  One of those topics is religion. 

I'm surprised posters don't realize that if they've been here any amount of time.  

That didn't happen often at all on Among Friends @Lipstickdiva

I was on there every day with a few other women and watched those threads.  There was rarely any real trouble there.  From what I saw, the Mods had an easier time there than here on Chat.