Super Contributor

Re: QVC=bad and cheating business-Watch out!

On 2/17/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/17/2015 Cakers1 said:

The title of this was over the top but the OP is just frustrated. She said she would return the items - she doesn't have them yet. I agree, though, that you don't get a refund without returning the items first. And even then her cc may not post the credit for 2 days or so after the Q submits it to her cc company.

Yikes. No need to assume the OP foolishly spent $$ she didn't have to begin with.

Nobody here ever ordered something or bought something then changed their minds?

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

No one is assuming anything. The OP came back later and said she wants her money back because she had other plans for it. Wink

Nah. Go back and read the posts. Specifically the ones that bashed the OP for stating that she had other plans for the $$. She was specifically told that was the real issue - she couldn't afford the items because she, herself, stated that she wanted the $ for something else.

Just because she changed her mind doesn't mean that she shouldn't have ordered in the first place, nor does it mean that she NEEDED the money for something else.

Since you only highlighted one sentence in my post, I take it you've kept everything you ever bought. And sometimes, things happen - a person may order something and maybe lose a job. Who knows. Not my place to chastise her for wanting to return something.

As I said, she's venting and the title was too much. I agree just return the items when they arrive. Not a big deal.

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 CouponQueen said:

I don't get it either.

If anybody here canceled and order, the order shipped THREE days later...and they were charged for it..and then told they cannot receive a refund until the order if returned and it hasn't even arrived yet..they would be FURIOUS!

I realize most of the posters on this board are well off, with fantastic credit rating, no debit, great income lol...but there are a few honest people out there who need their money and don't have tons laying around to be refunded on a order they canceled THREE DAYS PRIOR!

If it was hours..or even a day...okay not caught in time..but three days?? Come on...clearly QVC dropped the ball on this one.

Well said.

I think some either forget or don't realize that not everyone has unlimited $$ available at all times, for various reasons.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 colliegirls said:

I recently received a delivery on an item I had cancelled. I called CS, they said to send it back and I will not be charged shipping at either end. No problem, no big deal.

Agree!

You can always refuse the package too.

She was already on record as wanting to cancel the items.

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Lion said:
On 2/17/2015 CouponQueen said:

I don't get it either.

If anybody here canceled and order, the order shipped THREE days later...and they were charged for it..and then told they cannot receive a refund until the order if returned and it hasn't even arrived yet..they would be FURIOUS!

I realize most of the posters on this board are well off, with fantastic credit rating, no debit, great income lol...but there are a few honest people out there who need their money and don't have tons laying around to be refunded on a order they canceled THREE DAYS PRIOR!

If it was hours..or even a day...okay not caught in time..but three days?? Come on...clearly QVC dropped the ball on this one.

Well said.

I think some either forget or don't realize that not everyone has unlimited $$ available at all times, for various reasons.

Sorry, but if the budget is that tight that you cannot do without a refund for a short period of time, then I think that shopping on QVC isn't exactly being sensible. There is nothing sold on QVC that is a must have.

Respected Contributor

Normally I would ABSOLUTELY agree with you...IF she hadn't canceled THREE days prior to it being shipped! I see people on here witching and whining when they can't count and two easy pays hit in the same billing cycle.

I am totally open to being fiscally responsible..but who knows..maybe a unexpected burden happened in the household and the fun money had to be pulled..canceling I think is great..many would of just kept it and charged more...lol..but my issue is that she canceled three days before they shipped it..they totally dropped the ball on this one.

Too bad she didn't use easy pay LOL - she wouldn't be out the entire amount (I am only kidding, I don't know if she did or not..)

Trusted Contributor

I read and re-read the OP before deciding to post anything. She said she canceled the order but it shipped out. Yes, that does happen if it is too far into the processing. Every company I buy form online, puts a pending charge on your account and then releases it once the order is shipped. In her case, this is what must have happened.

So, CS tells her to send it back (why are people ASSUMING) she won't get a refund for the charges? If she called and it was not canceled before shipping and that is recorded on her account, she should get all her money refunded.

Now, IRL when you purchase an item using a credit card or debit card, they refund on the original method of payment. Everyone knows that a charge goes through right away, but the credit can take 4-5 days to process, meaning your money is not available for use.

So the OP does not have that money back in her account to use for those few days until she sends the items back. In my experience, it usually takes another 7-10 days to see that credit issued once the items are scanned back into the system. They can't do that until they get their merchandise, they can't issue credits just because someone calls and says they are sending it back. If they did, how many people would end up keeping the items and getting the credit?

So, in this OP's case, if she is hard pressed for money as she seems to be saying she had other purposes for that money, then what was she going to do if she had bought the items and kept them? I can't imagine someone making a choice between paying the gas bill and buying something from QVC. Buyer's remorse is certainly valid, but if money is that tight, shopping online should be avoided altogether.

I just don't understand when people make unwise choices why they feel they have to bash a company publicly and make statements about calling the state's AG. that office does not deal with minor complaints like this. They might send you a form letter to fill out, or it is online, but they certainly don't intervene on behalf of a dissatisfied shopper for nominal amounts. QVC operates business pretty much like everyone else online.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Super Contributor

On 2/17/2015 maggie a said:

Wow!

I was shocked by many responses.

I appreciated the suggestions and support from many.

Also was surprised by the many who slammed me. Very judgmental and attacking! Wow! Many assumed lot about me and why items were canceled.

Very protective of QVC assuming they can do no wrong.

My motive was to protect and warn others about what happened. I do not like big businesses taking advantage of people. I expect businesses to treat customers fairly. To me this is a business sending items not ordered and charging people for that.

One more note on this is that I had ordered 3 of this item and only 2 were shipped.

QVC is so not "taking advantage" of you.

The fact is, you DID order these items.

True, you cancel the order, but the fact remains, YOU DID place the order originally.

They'll refund your $ as soon as they get the items back.

Just refuse delivery.

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeasy.

Respected Contributor

I think I posted harshly because of the title words ""bad and cheating business"". Mistakes happen in lots of things. Those were harsh a accusatory words. They will refund your $ and shipping.You also said the customer service rep apologized. I know you changed your mind. Sometimes it just takes time to fix a mistake.
Honored Contributor

I have to wonder if this was another example of major technical problems with QVC's website. Recently I've seen reports of product listings with titles/images/descriptions that don't match, order history being inaccurate, easypays that show a problem on the site but in reality have been paid, wish lists unavailable, and much more. Sorry, QVC, but I have very little confidence in the integrity of the website.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 maggie a said:

Wow!

I was shocked by many responses.

I appreciated the suggestions and support from many.

Also was surprised by the many who slammed me. Very judgmental and attacking! Wow! Many assumed lot about me and why items were canceled.

Very protective of QVC assuming they can do no wrong.

My motive was to protect and warn others about what happened. I do not like big businesses taking advantage of people. I expect businesses to treat customers fairly. To me this is a business sending items not ordered and charging people for that.

One more note on this is that I had ordered 3 of this item and only 2 were shipped.

OP, your first mistake was emailing back and forth ..... pick up the darn phone and CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE and talk to a human being!! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Secondly, things don't always happen instantly online ...... I returned something to Marshall's and the credit back to my card took seven days ...... it happens.

There was nothing "bad or cheating" about QVC's policies .... you need to get up to speed on how things are processed and the time frames involved.

(Perhaps you should just shop with CASH at brick and mortar stores.)