Respected Contributor

Re: QVC=bad and cheating business-Watch out!

On 2/17/2015 melfie said:

If there's been an error on QVC's part they can sometimes arrange for pick up of the return at no additional cost.

I think Q should definitely offer a free pick up at OP's home, along with refunding all other charges.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Cakers1 said:

The title of this was over the top but the OP is just frustrated. She said she would return the items - she doesn't have them yet. I agree, though, that you don't get a refund without returning the items first. And even then her cc may not post the credit for 2 days or so after the Q submits it to her cc company.

Yikes. No need to assume the OP foolishly spent $$ she didn't have to begin with.

Nobody here ever ordered something or bought something then changed their minds?

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

No one is assuming anything. The OP came back later and said she wants her money back because she had other plans for it. Wink

Trusted Contributor

On 2/16/2015 Plaid Pants said:

The solution is really, really simple.

Return merchandise.

Refund credited.

See?

I told you that it was really, really simple.

Nothing to blow a gasket over.

Exactly.

I don't blame them for not crediting you until you return them. Just make sure that they credit you for the return postage, since it was their error.

Honored Contributor

OP, unhappy with posters responses, but this thread is over the top, calling QVC names.Too much anger and bitterness about a simple business mishap. How do you handle real problems?
Honored Contributor

As an aside, I wonder what the BBB and state AG's office has said to the OP when she contact them.

Super Contributor

Businesses go after disgruntled ranters who slander them on social media these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I recently received a delivery on an item I had cancelled. I called CS, they said to send it back and I will not be charged shipping at either end. No problem, no big deal.

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/17/2015 Cakers1 said:

The title of this was over the top but the OP is just frustrated. She said she would return the items - she doesn't have them yet. I agree, though, that you don't get a refund without returning the items first. And even then her cc may not post the credit for 2 days or so after the Q submits it to her cc company.

Yikes. No need to assume the OP foolishly spent $$ she didn't have to begin with.

Nobody here ever ordered something or bought something then changed their minds?

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

No one is assuming anything. The OP came back later and said she wants her money back because she had other plans for it. Wink

I don't understand why some are finding fault with the OP having other plans for the $$.

Most of us have placed an order, changed our minds, and cancelled it. What's the difference whether we cancel an order because we decided we don't like/need it, or decide we'd rather use the $$ on something else?

There's nothing nefarious, no "aha!" moment about it.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 colliegirls said:

I recently received a delivery on an item I had cancelled. I called CS, they said to send it back and I will not be charged shipping at either end. No problem, no big deal.

It can be a big deal for someone whose $$ is limited for any reason and it's been charged to their account when it shouldn't have been (item was cancelled). And, then they have to wait weeks for that $$ to be refunded and available to them again.

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I don't get it either.

If anybody here canceled and order, the order shipped THREE days later...and they were charged for it..and then told they cannot receive a refund until the order if returned and it hasn't even arrived yet..they would be FURIOUS!

I realize most of the posters on this board are well off, with fantastic credit rating, no debit, great income lol...but there are a few honest people out there who need their money and don't have tons laying around to be refunded on a order they canceled THREE DAYS PRIOR!

If it was hours..or even a day...okay not caught in time..but three days?? Come on...clearly QVC dropped the ball on this one.