Honored Contributor

Re: QVC=bad and cheating business-Watch out!

[ Edited ]

Another brand new poster who shows up only to lodge heavy duty complaints about QVC.

Resurrected or not, this is the third in a week or so, then you never hear from them again.

And it has been resurrected by yet another brand new poster. 

Esteemed Contributor

I take these "QVC is evil!!!!!" threads by one post wonders, with a huge, huge, HUGE grain of salt.

In fact, I think that they are 100% lies.

100% made up, by someone who has no life, and gets their jollies out of writting something slanderous, and then sitting back and laughing.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's also funny is that I've noticed when these types of threads are started (or resurrected, as in this case), another new thread about a different retailer (or even a shop on ebay or etsy) is often started at the same time.  Case in point, this thread was resurrected around the same time today that a new thread was started about "sizzling deals" on Amazon (by yet another new poster).  And the way that thread is worded doesn't sound like a customer wrote it.  I often wonder if other major retailers have moles here.  Or at least lurkers.  I know that seems like a silly thought, since corporations like Amazon appear to be doing juuust fine on their own.  But still, I'm sure these major retailers have entire departments dedicated to strategizing as to how they're going to lure their competitors' customer bases.  Free advertising to several hundred Q shoppers.  Anyway, just pondering out loud.  Thought Balloon

Respected Contributor

If you feel strongly that they are impugning your honesty as well as sending you merchandise they said they had cancelled--I would ask to speak to a supervisor and arrange for a refund now.  With the understanding that if they don't see the goods are mailed, they will re-charge the item.

QVC is not a cheating or bad business, but if you are sure you want a refund now, talk with a supervisor.  But they know from the tracking whether you have returned a package or not, so if you keep the goods, they should recharge it. 

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

What's also funny is that I've noticed when these types of threads are started (or resurrected, as in this case), another new thread about a different retailer (or even a shop on ebay or etsy) is often started at the same time.  Case in point, this thread was resurrected around the same time today that a new thread was started about "sizzling deals" on Amazon (by yet another new poster).  And the way that thread is worded doesn't sound like a customer wrote it.  I often wonder if other major retailers have moles here.  Or at least lurkers.  I know that seems like a silly thought, since corporations like Amazon appear to be doing juuust fine on their own.  But still, I'm sure these major retailers have entire departments dedicated to strategizing as to how they're going to lure their competitors' customer bases.  Free advertising to several hundred Q shoppers.  Anyway, just pondering out loud.  Thought Balloon

The term you are looking for is paid shill.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I wasn't unsolicited... You originally ordered it but canceled, so because in this busy time of year a mistake happened and it got shipped. They should refund all your money AFTER you send the items back. You don't get to keep the items. You just need to be refunded. The end.