Super Contributor

Re: Please pray for our furbaby

Did you see a board certified oncologist? That is VERY important.

I would suggest you join yahoo groups (groups dot yahoo dot com) and then join 1) CanineCancer and 2) The Sumner Foundation (it sounds to me like he may have hemangiosarcoma).

Also on facebook there is a group called caninecancer and pet cancer support.

It pays to learn as much as possible.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/26/2014 free-spirit said:

I would suggest you join yahoo groups (groups dot yahoo dot com) and then join 1) CanineCancer and 2) The Sumner Foundation (it sounds to me like he may have hemangiosarcoma).

Yes that is what they say he has. The surgury is 11,000 dollars and they cant guarantee six months. No be has only seen the vet and an internets. Rich now he is doing well.
Esteemed Contributor

Well jake has been home over a week now. You still can't tell he is sick. I have no idea how long it will take for fluid to build up again. We are just enjoying a happy doggie right now.
Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 ccassaday said: Well jake has been home over a week now. You still can't tell he is sick. I have no idea how long it will take for fluid to build up again. We are just enjoying a happy doggie right now.

So glad you can enjoy the good days: those moments are so important for all of you and for Jake! Please keep us updated as you feel able--thinking of you all!

Respected Contributor

On 12/26/2014 ccassaday said:
On 12/26/2014 free-spirit said:

Yes that is what they say he has. The surgury is 11,000 dollars and they cant guarantee six months. No be has only seen the vet and an internets. Rich now he is doing well.

Please have Jake see an oncologist. There may be medicine they can put him on. Internists are great, that is what my girl has been seeing for a few months now but he keeps in contact with her oncologist and they discuss her treatment together.