Super Contributor

Re: Please pray for our furbaby

Jake and his family remain in my prayers. So glad you will have a chance to love him and spoil him a bit longer. Try to enjoy him while you can. There will be plenty of time to grieve later. Use this time to show him how much he is loved and keep him as comfortable as possible. I so envy people who can give their heart to a new pet soon after losing one. I can't. Bless you.
Trusted Contributor

I wish the news was better but hope you can enjoy as much time as possible with Jake. Some people can't get another pet after their loss but for me I would always want to try and give a shelter pet a home as there are so many in need and even with our broken hearts we find a way to love again.If I didn't have my Cookie when I lost our Buddy I probably would have just stayed in bed for a long time crying but my baby needs me and I need her.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Everyone is different, but in my experience I have to have months , seasons, to pass before bringing a new pet into my family. Each pet I have endured losing held my heart and that is just the way I am.
Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry about Jake. My cat Tiggi was diagnosed with lymphoma in August and the vet on duty at the ER only sent 5 days of pain medication home with me. I guess that is all the time she thought Tiggi had. But Tiggi lived almost 3 more months before I had to send her to the Bridge.

As far as when to get another? I was already looking at Maine Coon kitties about a week before I sent her. I rescued another about a week later and she is so much like Tiggi I'm sure Tiggi had something to do with it. Tiggi didn't want me to be sad.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to read this. I'm a GR lover and owner myself. I am confident you'll give you'll give your boy the best care you can and lavish him with love and comfort for the remaining time you have together. I'm sorry there wasn't better news for you and Jake.

Regular Contributor

Good morning to you. I am sorry to hear the latest news about Jake. You and Jake have been in my prayers constantly. Jake knows how much he is loved, just treasure these days. Now, when I lost my pug, KimSoo, 4 years ago, I did have my other pugs, Baby and Deva, to comfort me. Deva and KimSoo were very close to each other and Deva mourned her the most. It was four months after KimSoo crossed over that I found Scarlett and bought her home. Scarlett is my wild child pug and her and Deva are the best of friends. Though I have since lost Rocket and Scrappy, my beloved mutt babies, to old age aliments, all my furbabies are happy and content. I wish you only the best and I know that you will know in your heart when it is time to bring home a new furbaby.

Esteemed Contributor

Merry Christmas everyone. What is so hard is right now he is back to his normal self. It's just a waiting game for his heart to fullback up. He chased a rabbit yesterday like he was a greyhound. He kept bringing us his toys to play. Vet said not to make him anxious and no long walks. He is so bored. He will lay down and let out this big sigh. So funny. So it's just s waiting game He has gotten so many treats the last couple of days. The hospital was feeding him canned dog food do now he is spoiled and that is all he will eat.
Super Contributor

On 12/25/2014 ccassaday said: Merry Christmas everyone. What is so hard is right now he is back to his normal self. It's just a waiting game for his heart to fullback up. He chased a rabbit yesterday like he was a greyhound. He kept bringing us his toys to play. Vet said not to make him anxious and no long walks. He is so bored. He will lay down and let out this big sigh. So funny. So it's just s waiting game He has gotten so many treats the last couple of days. The hospital was feeding him canned dog food do now he is spoiled and that is all he will eat.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Ccssaday--I am so very sorry the vet's report about Jake. We love our dogs very much and have sadly been through what you are going through. We have learned over the years to try to accept and enjoy the good days because those moments really are for both our dogs and for us! Take good care and will be thinking of you, Jake, and your family.....

Frequent Contributor

Sending prayers and blessings for Jake! Believe me when I tell you I know what you are going thru. In 2011, our dear cat Tabitha was diagnosed with cancer. The vet only gave her 4 months to live. At the time she still looked well, so we took her home

I had a talk with HER. I told her that she was loved, our baby, but she must tell me when it was time to go to the vet to let her go to the Bridge. Tabitha lived pass the 4 months, she stayed with us closed to a year. But one day I felt her following her behind me as she always did. I turned and looked down in her golden eyes and she was telling me it was time to go...

I called my husband at work and he met me at the vets. We both held her as she traveled on to the Bridge.

Talk to Jake, and tell him to fight! And most of all, that the choice will be his to leave you...believe me, he will do everything to stay!