Frequent Contributor

Re: Please Keep My Daughter in Your Thoughts and Prayers

Praying for your daughter. I live in Houston area as well and know they have help
trying to locate the stranded. Please keep is posted that she is safe.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry to see this.  How upsetting for you and her!  I will be praying she gets help soon....hopefully she already has. 

Honored Contributor

I have not read all the posts 

Can you contact your local Red cross center, give them your daughter whereabouts. They may be able to contact Red Cross in that area for get her rescued.

Honored Contributor

Any update

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@PUFFCORN

Facebook has published the names of people not accounted for. They only share these names with people who have ties with the person/people.

FB also has been publishing numbers of rescue centers.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Occasional Contributor

The water receded enough that my daughter finally got to a shelter around 7:30 this am and is safe. I will be glad when she is home, but my main concern was for her safety.  I am so thankful for all the people helping out.

Thank each and every one of you for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers!!  You have surely uplifted me when I needed it the most.

Regular Contributor

So happy to hear she made it to a shelter.  I cannot imagine what you went through, but glad she made it to safety.  I am sending prayers for all out in Texas.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PUFFCORN wrote:

@Big Sister

@beach-mom

It has been very frustrating not to be able to help her. Even though she is a" grown up",in a case like this, the mother instinct in me has really taken over  We have been texting each other frequently. 

Of course mom instincts and worry kick in. Good to hear she is safe now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PUFFCORN wrote:

The water receded enough that my daughter finally got to a shelter around 7:30 this am and is safe. I will be glad when she is home, but my main concern was for her safety.  I am so thankful for all the people helping out.

Thank each and every one of you for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers!!  You have surely uplifted me when I needed it the most.

My heart sings as I read your update, @PUFFCORN!❤️    Thanks for letting us know.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Wow, amazing that her phone hasn't died out yet and she hasn't run out of gas in the car.