Respected Contributor

Re: Please Keep My Daughter in Your Thoughts and Prayers

That is fabulous news!  Someday she will have quite a story to tell her grandkids about the "flood of 2017" and how she made it out OK. 

And, what a great idea about giving her the charger for her phone, that simple purchase might have saved her life!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Prayers go out for your daughter.  I hope someone rescues her shortly.  This hurricane surely devasted Southeastern Texas.  Very sad.  Bless all the volunteers.  Any one with a motor boat, please go and help.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

She was able to get to a shelter when the flooding receeded a bit

@Katcat1 wrote:

Prayers go out for your daughter.  I hope someone rescues her shortly.  This hurricane surely devasted Southeastern Texas.  Very sad.  Bless all the volunteers.  Any one with a motor boat, please go and help.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Occasional Contributor

@happycat 

I actually bought 4 of the Halos and gave as presents last year. I was kind of skeptical about them, but now I need to get one for myself. This has made a believer out of me!

Thank all of you for the kind and continued support.

Respected Contributor

@PUFFCORN wrote:

The water receded enough that my daughter finally got to a shelter around 7:30 this am and is safe. I will be glad when she is home, but my main concern was for her safety.  I am so thankful for all the people helping out.

Thank each and every one of you for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers!!  You have surely uplifted me when I needed it the most.

@PUFFCORN Although I don't think we post together, I saw this thread just now and your situation resonated with me. I am sorry I could not add my words of support when you needed it, but I can rejoice in your relief. So happy that your daughter is safe and that you could communicate. Modern technology working for the good...yay. 😊

Respected Contributor

@PUFFCORN wrote:

The water receded enough that my daughter finally got to a shelter around 7:30 this am and is safe. I will be glad when she is home, but my main concern was for her safety.  I am so thankful for all the people helping out.

Thank each and every one of you for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers!!  You have surely uplifted me when I needed it the most.

Happy Day! Amen

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor

SO Happy your daughter is safe... She will be home soon. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

So happy for the good news that your daughter was able to find shelter.  All the prayers and good wishes have been answered.  I can't imagine what it must have been like for you not knowing if your daughter was going to find safety.  Prayers are still going out to all the people affected by the horrible hurricane, floods and rain.  Hugs to you and your daughter.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Occasional Contributor

I just wanted to let you know my daughter returned home safe and sound this evening from the shelter area.

Thank you all for the caring and concern you gave to us.

Honored Contributor

PUFFCORN wrote:

I just wanted to let you know my daughter returned home safe and sound this evening from the shelter area.

Thank you all for the caring and concern you gave to us.

That's wonderful, @PUFFCORN!    Thanks for letting us know.   You and your daughter have been on my mind since you first posted about this.❤️   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova