Occasional Contributor

Please Keep My Daughter in Your Thoughts and Prayers

She is still stranded in her car because of the hurricane and can't seem to find a safe way to get home. All the roads she needs to take are flooded.  She's scared and I'm scared for her, as this is her second night in the car.  This just seems like a nightmare and I feel so totally helpless.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Keep My Daughter in Your Thoughts and Prayers

[ Edited ]

Oh, dear, @PUFFCORN.    I'm so sorry.    One of my sisters, years ago, found herself stranded in her car in flood waters and the outcome was a safe rescue.    And my very dear friends were caught up in the devastation of Katrina.   So I'm sure many, many others here have personal experience with this kind of anguish, are here with you in spirit, and will support you and your daughter with prayer and powerfully positive thoughts.    I said a prayer for her, and for those who are nearby and I am sure can find and rescue her safely.    Sending my love and support to you and to your dear daughter.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Prayers are being sent to your daughter and to you... BELIEVE she will be home soon. More help is coming to Texas... Heart

Occasional Contributor

@pugvette74 @dooBdoo

Thank you both for your kind words.. I think I just had to voice my fears to make myself feel better. Last night was a sleepless night, and I think tonight will be too.

Valued Contributor

@PUFFCORN It's good you came here. Know in your heart that prayers are being sent. Heart

Honored Contributor

@PUFFCORN - I will pray for her. As her mom, you must be frustrated knowing there is not much you can do. I hope she is able to be in contact with others, and I pray help will get to her soon. 

Respected Contributor

I will certainly pray for your DD and hope that she will be home soon.  Right now, perhaps you can find peace knowing that she is safe in her car.

Please followup with us when you hear more news.

Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh, as a mother you must be frantic.

Praying for you and your daughter.

Hyacinth

Occasional Contributor

@Big Sister

@beach-mom

It has been very frustrating not to be able to help her. Even though she is a" grown up",in a case like this, the mother instinct in me has really taken over  We have been texting each other frequently. 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you @hyacinth003. I think I've calmed down a little since it has stopped raining .