Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ohio Under Stay At Home Order

@MorningLover wrote:

CINCINNATI : Essential services will still be operational including, but not limited to:

• Grocery stores
  • Gas stations
  • Pharmacies
  • Police stations
  • Fire stations
  • Hospitals, clinics and healthcare operations
  • Garbage/sanitation
  • Public transportation
  • Public benefits (i.e. SNAP, Medicaid) hotlines

WHAT IF I THINK MY BUSINESS SHOULD BE CLOSED BUT I'M STILL BEING ASKED TO OPERATE?

Essential businesses will remain open during the Stay at Home order to provide services that are vital to the lives of Ohioans. Those businesses include, but are not limited to, pharmacies, certain government offices, and restaurants providing take-out meals. If you work for an essential business, you should continue to practice social distancing and should stay at home outside of work hours. If you believe your business is nonessential but are still being asked to show up to work, you may discuss with your employer.

https://fox8.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2020/03/DirectorsOrder-StayAtHome03.22.20.pdf

The list is much longer than that.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  that seem counter-productive. 

Are you able to work at home?

@Bri369, no.  I will have to come in everyday until told otherwise.  I'm lucky at least I have my own office.  

@Lipstickdiva  I'm assuming court is open?

Esteemed Contributor

CrazyDaisy wrote:

The list is much longer than that.

@CrazyDaisy 

Yes it is, thats why I added the link on my post...

Ohio Heath Dept: 'Directors Stay at Home Orders', it spells out everything. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I just looked down below to our courthouse and it is of course open and busy.  No jury duty that was all canceled last week.  But there was Commissioner's Court meeting this morning and our County Judge said no shelter in place order as of now.  The Gov. could change that but not at this time. Thank goodness very small office even if in a huge building.  Working for a family of attorney's and the only non family member here I would be blessed to keep being paid if this all changes by the authorities.  I hope it all ends soon.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369, no.  I will have to come in everyday until told otherwise.  I'm lucky at least I have my own office.  

@Bri369kind of.  LOL  Our municipal court has been closed to the public for about a week and all hearings postponed.  

Our county recorder will not allow anyone into the office.  They will accept documents to be dropped off, in the hallway, at certain times of the day and you have to give them an envelope for the document to be returned after it is recorded.

The Probate Court is not open to the public at all as of today.  Everything has to be done by fax filing, mail or e-mail. Everything is being mailed back after it is filed.  All hearings have been postponed and they have given an extension on all required filings. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369kind of.  LOL  Our municipal court has been closed to the public for about a week and all hearings postponed.  

Our county recorder will not allow anyone into the office.  They will accept documents to be dropped off, in the hallway, at certain times of the day and you have to give them an envelope for the document to be returned after it is recorded.

The Probate Court is not open to the public at all as of today.  Everything has to be done by fax filing, mail or e-mail. Everything is being mailed back after it is filed.  All hearings have been postponed and they have given an extension on all required filings. 

@Lipstickdiva  wow.  It's going to take a while to get back to normal.  I'm sure there will be a back log for a long time. 

Honored Contributor

Our stay at home order takes effect tonight also...and also has many exceptions. What is essential about Staples? They can be open but most other places cannot. Dollar Tree can stay open...but probably because they sell food...
Honored Contributor

Some cases of the Covid-19 have not had any fever. I think the virus presents differently depending upon the person. This morning it said stomach or digestive problems have been the initial symptoms and people with those get sicker than those who present with a cough, of course I had an upset stomach yesterday and freaked out...am fine today but will just turn off the news. If I am sick, I will be the first one to know. I know my stomach woes were from overdoing the probiotics.
Honored Contributor

Our major computer store is staying open as essential (which I agree with). I was there today
And wow were they being super strict about keeping all the rules. It was a pleasure to witness. Unlike our supermarkets that aren't doing anything to keep people safe from contagion, this store was doing everything it possibly could. I loved watching it although I didn't love the 1/2 hour wait to get in because they were admitting so few people at once. As soon as I stepped in they made me use hand sanitizer and it went from there to keeping people apart and seeing employees sanitizing surfaces the whole time I was there.
Esteemed Contributor

New Jersey is also under a stay at home order starting Saturday night. Some businesses had already asked their people to work from home last week so I've been home for a week already but I did go out last weekend to buy groceries since I thought that order was coming. Hoping that I wasn't exposed just being out at the grocery. I did my best to stay away from people and washed my hands oh a 100 times or so after I came home.

Guess I'll know in a few days but fingers crossed.

Take care and wishing all of you the best.