Honored Contributor

Ohio Under Stay At Home Order

Yesterday Dr. Amy Acton of the Ohio Department of Health issued a Stay At Home order for Ohio.  It goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. tonight.  

Unfortunately in reading the order, there are more exceptions to it than anything so I'm honestly not really sure what the point was.  It doesn't seem as if it is doing anything in addition to what we've already been told to do.

Under the exceptions, I am considered an essential employee so our office will continue to stay open.  I am perfectly fine with that because I'm in a small office and I really don't want to be stuck at home for 2 weeks.  If we had nice weather it might be different. Smiley Happy

We are supposed to take our temperature every morning before coming into work but we are on the honor system.  And my bosses gave us a big speech about staying 6 fee apart, which is actually very difficult in an office setting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ohio Under Stay At Home Order

@Lipstickdiva  that seem counter-productive. 

Are you able to work at home?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Yesterday Dr. Amy Acton of the Ohio Department of Health issued a Stay At Home order for Ohio.  It goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. tonight.  

Unfortunately in reading the order, there are more exceptions to it than anything so I'm honestly not really sure what the point was.  It doesn't seem as if it is doing anything in addition to what we've already been told to do.

Under the exceptions, I am considered an essential employee so our office will continue to stay open.  I am perfectly fine with that because I'm in a small office and I really don't want to be stuck at home for 2 weeks.  If we had nice weather it might be different. Smiley Happy

We are supposed to take our temperature every morning before coming into work but we are on the honor system.  And my bosses gave us a big speech about staying 6 fee apart, which is actually very difficult in an office setting.

Same here, but happy for the paycheck.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

I'm in Louisiana & our stay @ home order starts today @ 5:00pm & goes til April 12th!!!! I've already been stuck in the house for a week. I'm not even sure why a stay @ home order has to be issued @ all, with everything being closed theres nowhere to go. 🥺
Honored Contributor

I don't understand the temperature check.  You can have a fever with the flu.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Well anyone with the flu should also stay home. What's not to understand? @Katcat1
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  that seem counter-productive. 

Are you able to work at home?

@Bri369, no.  I will have to come in everyday until told otherwise.  I'm lucky at least I have my own office.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I don't understand the temperature check.  You can have a fever with the flu.

@Katcat1, a temp check is what is being recommended because that is how this often starts.  

@CrazyDaisy, same here.  I doubt I would have gotten paid if we closed.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I live in Delaware and the govenor issued a stay at home order to start tomorrow at 8:00am.  Only essential businesses should be open but like you I read the list of essential businesses and it seems that everything is essential except retail stores.  Even liquor stores are considered essential!

Respected Contributor

CINCINNATI : Essential services will still be operational including, but not limited to:

• Grocery stores
  • Gas stations
  • Pharmacies
  • Police stations
  • Fire stations
  • Hospitals, clinics and healthcare operations
  • Garbage/sanitation
  • Public transportation
  • Public benefits (i.e. SNAP, Medicaid) hotlines

WHAT IF I THINK MY BUSINESS SHOULD BE CLOSED BUT I'M STILL BEING ASKED TO OPERATE?

Essential businesses will remain open during the Stay at Home order to provide services that are vital to the lives of Ohioans. Those businesses include, but are not limited to, pharmacies, certain government offices, and restaurants providing take-out meals. If you work for an essential business, you should continue to practice social distancing and should stay at home outside of work hours. If you believe your business is nonessential but are still being asked to show up to work, you may discuss with your employer.

https://fox8.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2020/03/DirectorsOrder-StayAtHome03.22.20.pdf