Respected Contributor
Paper towels.....use white bar towels. Available at Costco or Amazon. Kleenix.........use old fashion handkerchiefs. Available at Costco or Amazon. (My hubby stills carries a “hankie” in his back pocket. All washable and can be washed with bleach.
Honored Contributor

I have cut down on my paper towel usage, i would rather use a kitchen towel and throw it in the wash.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I always use hand towels.  However, I don't use hankies because I feel a tissue is more hygenic.  After each use you can throw them away as opposed to using a hanky several times.

Honored Contributor

I actually bought a pack a few weeks ago because we were using too many paper towels.  They leave a lot of lint behind though.

Honored Contributor

I prefer paper--towels, tissue.  IMO more sanitary that using a cloth once and then having to wash it.

If fact, DH said he was going to use handkerchiefs and I discouraged him from doing so.  Staying with Kleenex.

Honored Contributor

Paper napkins another option.  Walmart has Bounty 600 pack available.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I actually bought a pack a few weeks ago because we were using too many paper towels.  They leave a lot of lint behind though.

@rms1954,  check out the flour sack towels at King Arthur Flour.  They are virtually lint free; just remember to wash them before first use.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954,  check out the flour sack towels at King Arthur Flour.  They are virtually lint free; just remember to wash them before first use.

Cool!  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

These are my favorites.

Respected Contributor

this sounds like the ongoing disagreement between me and dh. i was raised before the paper towel. 

bacon etc was drained on brown paper bags, and we used dish rags and cloths.

dh wants to buy paper towels, and use them for everything.