Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

John, you obviously missed MKelly last night.    On a tight shot, she looked almost topless-- wearing a dress with skinny straps.   And they always find a way to shoot her from a distance, to show her legs. Why?  Are her legs news?    It's so obvious what Fox is doing, on her show at least.

I work for a large corporation with a strict dress code.   She would have been required to wear something over her shoulders - blazer, cardigan, something.

I've never even seen the legs of our local news anchors!!   Male or female.

Anyway, I'm picking on you tongue-in-cheek.   To each their very own.

@software

Nope, didn't see her last night. Haven,t seen her in a couple, she must have been on vacation or holiday. Too busy last night to watch much tv, so deleted her DVR'd show.

I'll do me usual,"call it as I see it". One need look no further than the majority of tv commercials to see what companies feel will up their sales. It ain't men wearing a tux, or woman wearing a poncho or hooded winter coat.

I remember way back when a woman on any news station, even as a weather person, was a rarity. Much has changed since then, but is that enough?  In a perfect business world, gender should be 50%, and jobs go to the best qualified, and have nothing to do with dress length/wearing a tux, or any other arbitrary nonsense, just job qualifications.

Maybe what fox is doing is obvious to you, but speaking from my male perspective, I do not even notice it. Seems to me there is a gender difference between this male and the ladies here. I have never dressed to the (whatever letter it is), and I have never paid that much attention to what others wear, especially when I am much more interested in the content of a show.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@software wrote:

John, you obviously missed MKelly last night.    On a tight shot, she looked almost topless-- wearing a dress with skinny straps.   And they always find a way to shoot her from a distance, to show her legs. Why?  Are her legs news?    It's so obvious what Fox is doing, on her show at least.

I work for a large corporation with a strict dress code.   She would have been required to wear something over her shoulders - blazer, cardigan, something.

@software

Nope, didn't see her last night. Haven,t seen her in a couple, she must have been on vacation or holiday. Too busy last night to watch much tv, so deleted her DVR'd show.

I'll do me usual,"call it as I see it". One need look no further than the majority of tv commercials to see what companies feel will up their sales. It ain't men wearing a tux, or woman wearing a poncho or hooded winter coat.

I remember way back when a woman on any news station, even as a weather person, was a rarity. Much has changed since then, but is that enough?  In a perfect business world, gender should be 50%, and jobs go to the best qualified, and have nothing to do with dress length/wearing a tux, or any other arbitrary nonsense, just job qualifications.

Maybe what fox is doing is obvious to you, but speaking from my male perspective, I do not even notice it. Seems to me there is a gender difference between this male and the ladies here. I have never dressed to the (whatever letter it is), and I have never paid that much attention to what others wear, especially when I am much more interested in the content of a show.

hckynut(john)

I think you are quite different then, John, from a lot of men.

I've been to sites where politics are discussed (or fought about is more like it) and the topic of women in news will come up and they say really gross things about the women who dress provacatively on air.  They notice.

Honored Contributor

So you do agree she is selling sex for ratings.

"One need look no further than the majority of tv commercials to see what companies feel will up their sales" your quote.

That was the point.

I find it distasteful

Pepsi commercial?   Sure, ok but not a professional anchor.  Or a senator or anyone who wants to be taken seriously.

JMHO

@hckynut wrote:

@software wrote:

@software

hckynut(john)

@hckynut wrote:

@software wrote:

@software

hckynut(john)

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Didn't Andrea Tantaros used to be on this show?  Haven't seen her lately.

She is also suing Fox for sexual harassment, especially by Ailes and O'Reilly. I think they took her off the air in retaliation, which actually is an illegal move.

@Noel7

Unless I am mistaken, I think just like Gretchen Carlson, Andrea's contract was not renewed.  I will wait until there is a trial and verdict before I even comment on the harassment charges.

I liked Andrea a lot in appearances on many shows. Gretchen? Never cared much for her style

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

There are numerous reports out that it was retaliation against her.

Think what you want, but the count is now 20 women complaining of sexual harassment at Fox.

Oh, they're all out for money.

Wasn't that the Cosby line?

@QueenDanceALot

Yes, it was.  And we are now seeing some of the same blaming the victims.  The classic "they asked for it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At one time I thought it was a male vs female way of thinking.  It still is to a certain extent, but sadly, I see a lot of women parroting that very misogynist habit of blaming the victim. 

If they "knew" they would be sexually harrassed, they wouldn't have taken the job...

Who thinks like that!

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@software

So you do agree she is selling sex for ratings.

I wouldn't agree to that.  FOX is selling sex for ratings.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Didn't Andrea Tantaros used to be on this show?  Haven't seen her lately.

She is also suing Fox for sexual harassment, especially by Ailes and O'Reilly. I think they took her off the air in retaliation, which actually is an illegal move.

Don't think your right about o'reilly.  Allies yes.  I like andrea so much I would love to see her return but I know she cannot at this point .  Allies is gone, but still.,,,

Valued Contributor

Totally agree. Watching the FOX news the other day, there were about four women and one man presenting the show. ALL the women looked so casual (sleeveless, very short dresses). They looked like clones of each other. The man, in a suit, was the only one who looked professional for the job at hand. 

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

At one time I thought it was a male vs female way of thinking.  It still is to a certain extent, but sadly, I see a lot of women parroting that very misogynist habit of blaming the victim

If they "knew" they would be sexually harrassed, they wouldn't have taken the job...

Who thinks like that!

@mstyrion 1

I think it may be more women than men who blame other women.  A lot more.

Honored Contributor

Re: OUTNUMBERED

[ Edited ]

Numbers lining up does not influence me one way or the other. I yearn to see trials live on tv, and that is one that would certainly be high on my list.

After sitting on 9 jury trials, both criminal and civil, it taught me to never have an opinion, or draw a conclusion until all the facts have been presented. Just because there is a criminal charge, or someone filling a lawsuit, class action or by an individual, does not make anyone guilty.

Will follow the case if it makes it to trial.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Look, these ladies are young and in great shape.  I am not but when I was their age I wore short, tight skirts with very high heels but I didn't have to worry about what was showing as I was not potentially flashing my bits to a national TV audience.

I had a hard enough time trying to keep it together hiking myself on various bar stools back in the day . . . Smiley Happy

It just bugs me when I see Megyn Kelly and Jeannine Pirro holding their very nice legs together like they were duct taped underneath a plexiglass desk.  THAT is when I have a problem with Fox News.