Respected Contributor

Huh? Toll bill from Good To Go Washington State

I just received a $2.75 toll bill from "Good To Go!" from Washington State DOT. Very odd since I've never driven to WA. I verified that toll free phone number on the bill matched up with the WSDOT website. I called the number and the WSDOT rep looked up the Notice and examined the photo of the vehicle that incurred the toll. He said the license plate was hard to read and he couldn't tell what state it matched. He said the car could be a Chevy (which is definitely not my registered vehicle) but maybe not. He ended up dismissing it. Looks like they send out notices to random drivers hoping some poor fool pays it. Sheesh.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Re: Huh? Toll bill from Good To Go Washington State

Wow. I would think if they can't fully read a license plate they wouldn't just guess and send a bill out.  Sounds like your theory is right. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Wow. I would think if they can't fully read a license plate they wouldn't just guess and send a bill out.  Sounds like your theory is right. 

I asked the rep, "Do they just guess if they can't read it?". He just laughed o_0

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

So that was a "yes"!

Honored Contributor

@Say Nay. They screw up on this all the time!  It is such a joke!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Say Nay. They screw up on this all the time!  It is such a joke!

A huge fail.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

This is utterly laughable, I mean "close enough, right?"....

I would have been tempted (only tempted) to tell him that if an arm wasn't outstretched out the window waving "the bird" at the camara.....then it definitely wasn't me.... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

This is utterly laughable, I mean "close enough, right?"....

I would have been tempted (only tempted) to tell him that if an arm wasn't outstretched out the window waving "the bird" at the camara.....then it definitely wasn't me.... Woman Wink

Woman Very Happy

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I just received a $2.75 toll bill from "Good To Go!" from Washington State DOT. Very odd since I've never driven to WA. I verified that toll free phone number on the bill matched up with the WSDOT website. I called the number and the WSDOT rep looked up the Notice and examined the photo of the vehicle that incurred the toll. He said the license plate was hard to read and he couldn't tell what state it matched. He said the car could be a Chevy (which is definitely not my registered vehicle) but maybe not. He ended up dismissing it. Looks like they send out notices to random drivers hoping some poor fool pays it. Sheesh.

@Say Nay

Wow (that's all I got)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama That was my initial reaction : 0

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____