Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 You've been on a witty roll lately with this & the one about the aliens leaving Roswell. Thanks for the laughs.

Honored Contributor

They are older than Methuselah.  Very elderly men who who just keep doing what they love to do.  

Esteemed Contributor

Wish we all could be blessed with being able to move like that and do what we love at their age.  They are still fantastic.

Honored Contributor

Ya have to give to 'em for not going under the knife and then lookin' unrecognizable.

Respected Contributor
My 18 year old son spent the summer trailing around behind the Dead & Company tour this summer. While he was busy hippie camping with the deadheads, I celebrated my fiftieth birthday at a Taylor Swift concert. I’m not sure what that says about generational music preferences.

As far as the fatsoes running around, I’d probably be thin if I was a regular consumer of cocaine and heroin too.
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

They all looked old, especially Mick, when they were in their 20s.  Honestly, they don't look much different to me now, LOL!!

@kaydee50.  Rock stars live hard lives.  They are poster kids for the UNhealthy life style.  So many die young with cardiac conditions  from drug use.  The Stones show every bit of how they've lived in their faces.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

in 1969 my friends and I went to see the Stones in L.A.  The opening act was STEVIE WONDER!!!! And then Tina Turner performed and, wow! Could she rock her show and "shake that thang!"

How did Aerosmith do? I've always liked high-energy music.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I saw blurb on the news this weekend about the Stones--that they're going to release an album some time this fall.

There was a photograph of them and OH MY GOD!!! they each look older than Methuselah! Mick Jagger is just as skinny as ever and he's covering the countryside with children, left, right, and center.

I'm afraid one of the guitarists will break off a finger in the middle of a song.

Yes, but this comes across as disrespect for those who are seniors.

@ahoymate I hate the term "senior" and think it is awfully disrespectful to older people.  I am OLD.  I am not a senior anything--graduated long ago.

It's like it is too shameful to say "old."  Or like I'm afraid of being old so you'll call me something else and we won't have to admit it.  

Good grief.  Our country should grow up and not be ashamed of being old!  It's a good thing!  

@Sooner.  Geez, if you want to be called old, we'll be glad to accommodate you, but just call me "seasoned".  I'm a seasoned citizen.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

My DD and I went to Aerosmiths concert last Saturday. It was our 15th time seeing them. We have been going since she was 12. It is their Peace Out final tour. They were fantastic....almost as old as the Stones

I think it's great that the Stones are still making music and I would definitely go see them.

@DREAMON.  Several years ago my cousin and I were eating dinner at a restaurant in Aspen, Co, when this entourage of about 8 people came in.

I saw them first and told my cousin to look...Mick Jagger had just come in.  He glanced at the door and advised me that it was Steven Tyler, not Mick.  Same strange, heavily creased face, show biz attire.  I don't know my rock stars. 

Anyway, he ended up sitting opposite of me so close I could've reach over and touched him.  I was facing him so it was easy to sneak glances at him.

Nobody bothered him but after he ate, he visited with people in the room.  He seem to be a real "people person", enjoying himself.  He signed autographs and posed for photos with anyone who asked, very graciously.  I was impressed with him even if I didn't know who he was.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

My DD and I went to Aerosmiths concert last Saturday. It was our 15th time seeing them. We have been going since she was 12. It is their Peace Out final tour. They were fantastic....almost as old as the Stones

I think it's great that the Stones are still making music and I would definitely go see them.

@DREAMON.  Several years ago my cousin and I were eating dinner at a restaurant in Aspen, Co, when this entourage of about 8 people came in.

I saw them first and told my cousin to look...Mick Jagger had just come in.  He glanced at the door and advised me that it was Steven Tyler, not Mick.  Same strange, heavily creased face, show biz attire.  I don't know my rock stars. 

Anyway, he ended up sitting opposite of me so close I could've reach over and touched him.  I was facing him so it was easy to sneak glances at him.

Nobody bothered him but after he ate, he visited with people in the room.  He seem to be a real "people person", enjoying himself.  He signed autographs and posed for photos with anyone who asked, very graciously.  I was impressed with him even if I didn't know who he was.

@Kachina624 , 

Thanks for that great story ....I just wish it was me!!!