Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@beach-mom  Husband and I had front-row center seats for an Eric Clapton concert. It was wonderful being able to watch his hands play the classics, but we also were able to see how 'high' he was the entire evening.    

@deepwaterdotter - I would love to see him! You were so lucky! Listening to "Tears in Heaven" helped when we had our stillborn son.

I forgot- we also had front row seats to see Elton John. DD was in high school and had entered a local, popular with teens so I rarely listened, radio contest, using my name. The station called around 9 in the morning. I had a late meeting the night before, so I was going in a little late that morning. I answered the phone and thought it was one of her friends "pranking" us, so I didn't believe them at first. Then it sunk in. 

We had front row seats at a smaller venue. He walked out and said something like tonight it would be "just me and my piano." DH and I both got to shake his hand! That was a night! So there were two times we were "up front"!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! The Rolling Stones

[ Edited ]

My DD and I went to Aerosmiths concert last Saturday. It was our 15th time seeing them. We have been going since she was 12. It is their Peace Out final tour. They were fantastic....almost as old as the Stones

I think it's great that the Stones are still making music and I would definitely go see them.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I saw blurb on the news this weekend about the Stones--that they're going to release an album some time this fall.

There was a photograph of them and OH MY GOD!!! they each look older than Methuselah! Mick Jagger is just as skinny as ever and he's covering the countryside with children, left, right, and center.

I'm afraid one of the guitarists will break off a finger in the middle of a song.

Yes, but this comes across as disrespect for those who are seniors.

@ahoymate I hate the term "senior" and think it is awfully disrespectful to older people.  I am OLD.  I am not a senior anything--graduated long ago.

It's like it is too shameful to say "old."  Or like I'm afraid of being old so you'll call me something else and we won't have to admit it.  

Good grief.  Our country should grow up and not be ashamed of being old!  It's a good thing!  
Respected Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

My DD and I went to Aerosmiths concert last Saturday. It was our 15th time seeing them. We have been going since she was 12. It is their Peace Out final tour. They were fantastic....almost as old as the Stones

I think it great that the Stones are still making music and I would definitely go see them.

@DREAMON   Ah ha and the reason for the nickname! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good for them and for all of their energy!!!It is great.....I have always loved their music!

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Real Rockers are thin.  Just like their girlfriends were. I miss those days.   

Not now, there's a lot of fatsos running around and not all are in rock bands.  

@Puzzle Piece 

Many were exceptionally thin from all the drugs. 😉

Some of them also died at a young age despite being thin. 

Honored Contributor

YOU GO STONES!!!!!!

ROCK ON!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe I do agree there was the drug use along with the alcohol.  And, yes, many are passed on but out of those many, they chose to live their lives in the way that they did despite the risks of dying young. 

Miss my rocker who did stay thin up to this day.     

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Re: OMG! The Rolling Stones

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Real Rockers are thin.  Just like their girlfriends were. I miss those days.   

Not now, there's a lot of fatsos running around and not all are in rock bands.  

Reading some responses here, it never ceases to amaze  what some will write.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor
My all time favorite band and I'm in my 50's