Honored Contributor

Re: My simple solution re: traffic stops...

SMH is shaking my head. Always a funny image to me.

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 tansy said:

SMH is shaking my head. Always a funny image to me.

Oh! Here I was wracking my brain trying to think of something much more complex. LOL. Thanks, Tansy.

Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully once officers are issued cameras this type of abuse of power won't be so commonplace in SC and the rest of the country.

Valued Contributor

One of my BEST friends I grew up with is a Chicago P.O.. He is usually very neutral about these situations ..His EXACT words on FB today are..

***rot in jail you racist b@st@rd***

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Lila Belle said:

Hopefully once officers are issued cameras this type of abuse of power won't be so commonplace in SC and the rest of the country.

There will need to be stiff penalties for ""malfunctioning"" camerasSmiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 tansy said:
On 4/8/2015 Lila Belle said:

There will need to be stiff penalties for ""malfunctioning"" camerasSmiley Sad

yep

Honored Contributor

By the time a person receives the violation in the mail they will no longer have a clear memory of the situation so how can they appeal? What about the drunk driver who ran a red light and had he been pulled over, his impairment discovered and arrested but instead gets away with a fine? What about someone who has been carjacked/abducted and runs a light hoping to get the attention of an officer?
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 occasional rain said: By the time a person receives the violation in the mail they will no longer have a clear memory of the situation so how can they appeal? What about the drunk driver who ran a red light and had he been pulled over, his impairment discovered and arrested but instead gets away with a fine? What about someone who has been carjacked/abducted and runs a light hoping to get the attention of an officer?

Either you have your inspection and registration stickers up to date or you don't. Either your lights are working or they aren't. Where is the appeal if you didn't get your car inspected in time? Just get it corrected.

I didn't say to use this method for speeding or running lights...risky behavior.

Esteemed Contributor

Reading through the topics this morning, the juxtaposition of this topic with the hacking by ISIS of the French network does give one pause.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 sidsmom said:

There are a million different reasons why the police want to actually talk to the driver. Sometimes it's those simple stops that reveal major criminals.

Two words: Timothy McVeigh (Stopped for missing tags)

And the Son of Sam killer back in the 80's David Berkowitz was caught in a similar way-- received a ticket on his car which was in a no parking area (fire hydrant).

From wikipedia: a local resident named Cecilia Davis had been walking her dog when she saw a parked car being ticketed near a fire hydrant.Moments after the traffic police had left, a young man walked past her from the area of the car, and he seemed to study her with some interest. She felt concerned that he was wielding in his hand some kind of "dark object"– she ran to her home only to hear shots fired behind her in the street. Davis stayed silent about this experience for four days until she finally contacted police, who closely checked every car that had been ticketed in the area that night.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼