Respected Contributor

Re: Matthew Cowles, Christine Baranski's husband of over 30 years, dies at the age of 69.

Oh no. I didn't recognize the name but when I saw his picture I immediately recognized him. He was a very funny creep too. Remember he used to call his gun a ""persuade-iator?""

I did not know he and Christine were married.

Respected Contributor

Re: Matthew Cowles, Christine Baranski's husband of over 30 years, dies at the age of 69.

Everybody in my family were ""All My Children"" fans. I remember Billy Clyde - Used to scare the heck out of me! He was sooo good in the role.

I'm sorry to hear he died. I didn't realize he was married to Christine B.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

WHEN was he on Bold & Beautiful? What character was he?

Super Contributor

On 5/25/2014 minkbunny said:

Hi Minks!!!!

that is my favorite pic of him!!! i posted this in the tv forum. i was so shocked when i read this on the soap opera central forum this morning! he was one of the best characters ever and when he returned to AMC this last time around i was thrilled! he was still so funny and still very much billy clyde the way i remember him when my mom would watch when i was in high school.

Respected Contributor

Hey Sis ! How funny, but then great minds think alike {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} He was such a "character" - in every since of the word I am sure. I imagine he leaves quite a void in the lives of his loved ones.

Esteemed Contributor

When he used threaten Donna on AMC he used to spit when he talked. That always made me laugh.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

So sorry to learn of this. My heavens, only last week we had a thread on the season finale of "The Good Wife" and a discussion of Christine Baranski as a perfect expression of a Linea Lady.

Carpe diem, folks.

Super Contributor

I was a kid when my sister would watch all my children but I thought billy Clyde was so funny. So many years together, she will have lovely memories but will miss him so much ---
Honored Contributor

He was also in the theater and was a playwright.

I read that he created and wrote the part of Billy Clyde Tuggle.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices