Honored Contributor

Re: Kate's Dress At Pippa Wedding Left Mixed Feelings

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Oh for Pete's sake.  I dont think anything Pippa could have worn would please everyone.  She looked wonderful, and just radiated happiness  Younger Brides tastes have really changed. I havent like the styles for about 10 years myslf.  I am a long sleeve traditional , type myself.  Which would gag most modern brides, lol!  I hate, hate, the strapless, sleeveless look.  Seems most brides whether they are 80 pounds or 400 pounds wear sleeveless strapless dresses with cleavage. But I digress

some dresses take your breath away in person, but have little to offer in photographs. I see this all the time.  I see a dress in person, then in photographs it is blaze'. Pippas dress was a work of art they say.  It was hand made lace, with no seams.  The lace was tailored to her body.

give the gal a break,....just sayin

I thought this was the thread about Kate's matronly dress.  

Shoekitty said

pearly, I am not sure where I am. 🤔

If it is about Kate's dress, I did love it!  It looked perfect on her.  The idea would be to wear an attractive dress that sort of fades into the back ground. Although on Kate, nothing fades into the backgrond, imo. I am sure because of her noteriety she didnt want to up stage her sister in anyway.  Simple, elegant, modern, flattering and conservative.  She is one lucky woman.  She possess that tall willowy figure, that clothes love to hang on.! whether one likes the dress or not ( I love it), one has to admit....it is immpecibally tailored!!  I am amazed at the construction

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

Kate looks gorgeous, as usual.  Speaking of Kate and Pippa, I was shocked at Kate's wedding to see Pippa in a light cream color.  Even the announcer thought it was the bride for a minute; but it was Pippa.  I don't really care, but I thought it was VERY inappropriate - for the maid of honor to be wearing an ivory gown that could have been mistaken for the bride's gown.  Oh well.  (Just had to get that out... never forgot that after several years!)

@spent2much

I'm pretty sure Kate either selected or approved what Pippa wore.  

I can't imagine that Pippa (or any MOH) would wear something they personally selected and didn't run it by the bride.  

Yes, I'm sure that each of them either chose or approved of what the other would wear. Most likely, they chose it together.  Possibly the bride preferred a particular color.  In any case, I doubt that either of the brides were surprised the day of the wedding by what their sister was wearing.  Or that one would deliberately wear something they knew the other wouldn't like.

And I wouldn't worry about anyone mistaking Pippa for the bride at Kate's wedding.  It was pretty obvious who the bride was!

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Yes, love the hat....looks whimsical and down the rabbit hole!  RE Kate wearing a conservative dress because of her royalty status, I think this whole Pippa wedding was overshadowed by the royalty stigma.  I question if Pippa's dress would have been so matronly and her ring so ostentatious (both very royalty influence), if her sister hadn't been Kate.  I could have imagined Pippa in a lavish flowing stunning summer bride's dress with a generous but reasonable-sized diamond that was elegant and gorgeous.  She is not royalty, but perhaps feels like she needs/wants (hmmmm....she did wear that ivory dress to Kate's wedding) to play the part.  Just a thought.

Pippa's husband is quite wealthy; he could afford to buy her whatever she wanted as a ring, in her own right, nothing to do with any faux competition or oneupmanship.

I was just about to post the same thing.  Her ring has nothing at all to do with Kate or the Royal Family.  She married an extremely wealthy man from an extremely wealthy family, so she certainly would have had whatever kind of ring she wanted no matter who her sister is.

Esteemed Contributor

Kate looked nice in the Alexander McQueen dress but I noticed that the bodice did not fit well as it was too big in the cup size area. I'm sure it was couture and not off the rack so that was surprising.

The kids all looked cute too. There's lots of photos of the wedding on the various Hello! magazine edition' websites too.

I thought that complexion wise that Pippa's suntanning is making her look older than Kate as she has some deep lines on her face when she smiles.

Respected Contributor

One poster described Kate's dress as "ivory."

It's clearly a shade of pink.

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

Kate looked nice in the Alexander McQueen dress but I noticed that the bodice did not fit well as it was too big in the cup size area. I'm sure it was couture and not off the rack so that was surprising.

The kids all looked cute too. There's lots of photos of the wedding on the various Hello! magazine edition' websites too.

I thought that complexion wise that Pippa's suntanning is making her look older than Kate as she has some deep lines on her face when she smiles.

I too thought the bust was ill fitting. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

I thought everyone looked lovely  and I really loved Pippa's wedding dress, I don't care for the really tight dresses many of the girls are wearing today but a bride wears what she likes, it's her day.  I loved what Carole Middleton & Jane Matthews wore, they looked lovely too.  Kate's dress was lovely but like many have mentioned, looked ill fitted in the bust area, which is surprising to me since I'm sure it was made for her.  The children were adorable!

Honored Contributor

Any one notice how much Prince George looks like his Grandmother Diana?

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Any one notice how much Prince George looks like his Grandmother Diana?

I don't. In fact, I'm not quite sure who he resembles...maybe Kate's father?

Honored Contributor

I think George looks a lot like his father at the same age and Wm. turned out to look a lot like Diana.  So yes, I think George will resemble Diana even more than he does now.