Respected Contributor

Re: I'm sick of these calls-giving up my land line.

I would never get rid of my home phone. I really don't like talking on the cell. I use it for texting. If I'm at home and someone calls my cell phone, I tell him I will call right back from my other phone.
Contributor

Periodically, I will get a series of annoying phone calls, some with dead air; some that don't leave any messages and I am unable to discern who is calling. When it becomes a sort of regular annoyance, I contact the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and file a complaint. The telemarketing or annoying calls stop. The FCC has actually helped with this issue. I would never wish to do be without a land line, as I prefer the clearer connection for better communication.

Honored Contributor

My cellphone that I use only for emergencies gets many robo calls as well as a lot of telemarketing calls so you aren't going to get away from it. That is more annoying than the ones on my landline as when it rings I just don't answer those calls and when I go to use my cell I see all these incoming calls that I know are not someone trying to reach me as only 4 people know that number.

Respected Contributor

On 12/26/2014 ncascade said:

Our land line telephone gives the choice to block calls. At this point we have 30 blocked. We also have caller ID which is great.

Problem is they use alternate numbers the next time..I have received 006..0005...0003..as ending numbers..

St Jude does the same thing..I have googled the million numbers we get called and it is all telemarkers, robo calls, charity and of late even the ACLU..which I don't answer and nobody leaves a message.

Yesterday I googled one on my cell that came and it came up as a spoof number ..

I would love to get rid of our landline too but the calls are on my cell also....we are all registered with the Do Not Call List too.

Our cell reception is absolutely clear..

Respected Contributor

We live in sort of a "black hole" for cell reception...right now, when the leaves are off the trees (seriously) it's better, but still not completely reliable. I can't move around when talking on the cell either, because I can easily lose the call. Reception is better at one end of the house, and nearly non-existant at the other. My area is hilly with lots of ups & downs. Neighbors just a mile or so away get great reception, have Wi-fi, etc. I can usually text with no problems, but calls are a different matter.

So a landline is a must for me!

I get robocalls on both phones, and regular texts on my cell telling me I've won a vacation!

Honored Contributor

Don't ya'll love the success of the ""Do Not Call List""? LOL what a joke!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee