Honored Contributor

When do you put up your holiday decorations?

We do an eight foot real life tree, and decorate the table tops in every room downstairs. After Christmas I can't stand all of the work to put it away stareing at me! I like to get something done and off of my mental list. DH wants it to stay up! We've already had it since Thanksgiving as is our tradition.

Forget waiting until New Years! I wouldn't survive! LOL!

How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: When do you put up your holiday decorations?

you mean put away?

we put ours up during thanksgiving weekend. we put ours away the end of the second week of january.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I don't put all of my "Holiday Decorations" away after Christmas. I think it makes the house look bare and sort of drab. I do put away anything that screams Christmas like the tree, nativity set, Santa Claus etc but I like my beautiful mantle garland, silk centerpieces etc and I am leaving them out. After all it is still winter and winter colors are green and red holly. Way too early to put out Spring decor.
Respected Contributor

Our decoration went up Thanksgiving weekend and will be put away New Years Day.

It takes days to decorate, but luckily a much shorter time to put away. I undecorate and my husband carries the boxes.

Honored Contributor

This year we put the tree and our minimal decorations up 9 days before Christmas and took the tree down on the 26th. My small Woof & Poof reindeer and Angel collection is still out. The reindeer are being packed away today- will take less than 5 minutes. The Angels will stay out a few more days. Again, less than 5 minutes to put them away. I threw all the Christmas cards away on Saturday.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Always up on Thanksgiving night down on New Year's Day afternoon.

Next event Super Bowl!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

A week after New Years. Some of my snowmen I leave till Feb.

Honored Contributor

Ours usually go up on Thanksgiving weekend, and come down sometime the first or second week of January. It depends on a lot of things, including weather (if we don't get a nice snow till after Christmas I sometimes leave them up for a few more days), what else is going on in our lives, and how I'm feeling.

I'm switching over to more winter themed stuff, so I will be getting rid of some older Christmas stuff for good, and rethinking what goes where this year as far as storage goes. I like my house decorated for Christmas, I'm just getting tired of storing the stuff, though.

Respected Contributor

Mine went up the 1st weekend in December, and will be put away Jan. 2 or 3rd. We just do a 7 ft. pre-lit tree, a small Nativity on the mantle, and have some things to set around on tables. We don't do garland at all, and lights are only on the tree. Wreaths at both doors.

One of our employees makes her own Christmas cards every year using "parts" from the previous year's cards, so I bring her all of mine for "recycling".

Respected Contributor

Vermit we have a friend who makes their own Christmas cards I have received some of the most beautiful cards he has made from other cards. I look forward to his card every year.