Trusted Contributor

Re: How you dispose of old meds

I put it in a box at the police station specifically intended for that purpose.

Honored Contributor

Walgreens has a drop off container at the pharmacy section. I just put the old pills/bottles in the container.
Super Contributor

@CherryHugs  I score the label where my name is and peel it off the container.  Probably unnecessary, but I like the "privacy" of not having my name and address floating around, but yet still having the drug identifiable.  Not that I take anything exciting!  

My profile pic is one of my cats, she loves to relax with her legs out like that!!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs  I remove the label for my own privacy. Since I mail mine, I return them in original containers. If I have several meds, I will combine them in one container to save the pre-paid cost of postage. 

ETA: Lately, all my labels have been easy to peel off!

So much easier to remove from all RX containers before placing them in the recycling bins when empty.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I ask at my pharmacy. They have different options, depending on the pharmacy and how much medication there is. If it's only a few tablets, they may take them to dispose of. If it's more, they either direct me to someone else (often the police station) or give me a product that's created to safely dispose of medications.

Esteemed Contributor

I black out all the info and I take to the Sherrifs office in town, there is a metal box, kind of like a post office drop off, thing to put it in, inside the building.