Honored Contributor

Re: How is it in your neck of the woods?

In New Jersey, hot and humid the next several days, a definite heat wave for us,

Image result for funny heat wave images

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  Yes we feel your heat here in the capitol city of OH, same weather.  HOT HOT HOT!!!

Speaking of dehumidifiers, about 3 weeks ago we just turned on our new Frigidaire in the basement.  Working just fine so far so I hope those recalls were not our brand.  I will check though.

These high temps outside with no rain means we're watering every day here, flowers and veggies.  Been harvesting onions and a little lettuce so far.  Lettuce going great guns so this week I anticipate a nice crunchy salad filled with just our own home grown, always a very good thing.  I think Martha would agree!

Honored Contributor

Hot and humid. Ceiling fan and dehumidifier are on. Looks like a midwest heatwave has begun.

Respected Contributor

In 90's in my neck of woods next several days. I'm not a summer person so try to mostly stay in especially when very humid. Thank goodness for a/c. I find summer can be just as confining as winter.
Respected Contributor

Thanks to those of you who said where you are . . . wish we knew where the rest of you live.

Trusted Contributor

It's supposed to be hot here in PA and will I ever welcome it! We've had nothing but rain all month...every.single.day. It's great to see the sun. 

Honored Contributor

59 and raining. Very unseasonable for SoCal.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

It's in the high 80s, low 90s in Chicago.  It's tolerable because there isn't any humidity yet.  I have the AC on upstairs and all the ceiling fans running at night.  It's been super windy though the last couple of days.  My eyes are itchy and I've been sneezing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A little cooler today, around 99. Supposed to be around 112 by the end of the week. 

Trusted Contributor

Here in Illinois (about 30 miles west of Chicago) it is hot.  94 degrees today, 96 tomorrow.  We need rain really bad.  The last significant rainfall was 16 days ago.  Of course, I went overboard and bought lots of hanging baskets and put them all over the place.  Watering has become the norm around here.  :-)