Respected Contributor

How is it in your neck of the woods?

Going to be a scorcher here today - 95.  It was 68 when I woke up and it's already 75 only 1.5 hours later.  Have every ceiling fan on in the place.  Finding having my ceiling fan on in the loft greatly helps and keeping the dehumidifier in basement running also helps.  Speaking of dehumidifiers - I hope you all checked your brand when they had the recall a few months ago.  Two homes here in Indiana burned down due to faulty dehumidifiers.  I have two dehumidifiers - one was on the recall list.  Scary stuff.  I followed their instructions and got $95 back.  Please check your number against the list and stay safe. 

Honored Contributor

Re: How is it in your neck of the woods?

I went to the farmer's market yesterday and almost DIED.

I'm an outdoors person but it was really hot.

The place was packed and I had to park 2 blocks away.   I was fine getting there but that walk back with about 40lbs of fruits & veggies about got me.   Next time I will leave my bag there and drive up & let them put it in my car.

I'm staying closer to home today.

Why do people in Indiana need dehumidifiers?    Is it humid there?

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Going to be a scorcher here today - 95.  It was 68 when I woke up and it's already 75 only 1.5 hours later.  Have every ceiling fan on in the place.  Finding having my ceiling fan on in the loft greatly helps and keeping the dehumidifier in basement running also helps.  Speaking of dehumidifiers - I hope you all checked your brand when they had the recall a few months ago.  Two homes here in Indiana burned down due to faulty dehumidifiers.  I have two dehumidifiers - one was on the recall list.  Scary stuff.  I followed their instructions and got $95 back.  Please check your number against the list and stay safe. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal Thanks for the warning.I hope you have air conditioning or you are going to cook.We had a high of 70 yesterday and it will be much the same today.I love that temp especially with the sun shining.

we had a garage sale yesterday and it was supposed to rain but didn't so it was perfect.We sold 300.00 worth of stuff that was just taking up space.Everything leftover is going to the thrift store on Monday.

Respected Contributor

It's supposed to be in the low 90's, a bit on the humid side but breezy in SW Michigan today. It's summer. It gets hot. Nothing to get excited about, at least not for me. I'm still going to ride my bike to church. It's an easy, flat, 2 mile ride thru the neighborhood. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Cloudy this morning.  Predicted to be 70 today.  Perfect for some yard work.  

Honored Contributor

It's going to be early 90's.  It's muggy.  I can deal with it as long as the rain that was promised comes.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

I went to the farmer's market yesterday and almost DIED.

I'm an outdoors person but it was really hot.

The place was packed and I had to park 2 blocks away.   I was fine getting there but that walk back with about 40lbs of fruits & veggies about got me.   Next time I will leave my bag there and drive up & let them put it in my car.

I'm staying closer to home today.

Why do people in Indiana need dehumidifiers?    Is it humid there?

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@software - Oh yes, it gets really humid here in Indiana - feels like a furnace when you walk outside when the humidity kicks in.  As my uncle used to say "the mosquitos are walking across there today".  Thick, humid air - we've been lucky so far, but with rain Thursday and temps in 90s - oh my!

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 I admire your guts...riding in that heat!You will be a little sweaty under that helmet in church there girl.Have a great day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

91° - South Joisey

Image result for swimming gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 I admire your guts...riding in that heat!You will be a little sweaty under that helmet in church there girl.Have a great day.

Nah, it's not nearly far enough to work up any kind of sweat. It's only 75 right now and breezy. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~