Honored Contributor

I live in NYC and sadly summer hasn't made it's way here yet. The weekend was a total washout, cloudy and rainy. The beaches were empty, vendors probably lost out on a lot of money. Right now the temperature is 59 degrees, I'm wearing a sweater! I shut the heat about 2 weeks ago when it was 90 degrees! I can't wait for the warmer weather. So how's it by you?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is It Summer Where You Live

[ Edited ]

Well...it was a few days ago.  Just after fall.  But today it's monsoon season again.

eta...mid-Atlantic coast

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

• I'm in southern CT.....same weather as you!
Esteemed Contributor

Southwest here and we've been in hot weather since March!! We really had no winter this year and hardly any rain since February!  Been in the 90's most of May.....

Honored Contributor

Not here in Ohio.  However, our weather was much better than it was initially forecasted to be.  They were saying it was supposed to rain most of the weekend.

Friday was gorgeous as was Saturday.  Sunday late in the day we did get a lot of rain.  Yesterday was gorgeous also. 

Our temps aren't particularly hot but I'm fine with it being in the upper 60's or into the 70's.  It's only May, albeit the end of May.  I don't want it to go from winter to hot, humid and sticky.   

Honored Contributor

Every day for about the next five months (if lucky) here in East Texas.  Already hit the low 90's.  Air conditioning running all day every day.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Not yet.  It was beautiful over Memorial Day but a little too hot for me - in the low 80's.  Today it is cloudy with isolated showers.  The joke here (Seattle area) is that summer arrives July 5th.  

Honored Contributor

Atlanta has made it to the upper 80's and I'm happy for it. 

We were very dry but now we've entered a rainy period. Gloomy a lot of the time. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Central Florida only left Summer for a week or so this year.  

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

Not yet

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)