Honored Contributor

Re: HOW'S THE WEATHER WHERE YOU ARE?

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi HG Smiley Happy

ABC has or had it in the 30s in a few places outside of San Jose and Morgan Hill.  I think it's still on their online map.

Thanks!  I'm not that far south, and it hasn't dipped that low where I am but this is promising!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi HG Smiley Happy

ABC has or had it in the 30s in a few places outside of San Jose and Morgan Hill.  I think it's still on their online map.

Thanks!  I'm not that far south, and it hasn't dipped that low where I am but this is promising!

Do you want it freezing where you are, HG?   I'd be happy with 50s at this point Woman LOL

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi HG Smiley Happy

Do you want it freezing where you are, HG?   I'd be happy with 50s at this point Woman LOL

Hi @NoelSeven

Not yet, but I do want it freezing at times during the actual winter months.  Right now it's just right!  I meant that if it's that low already in the south Bay, it promises (with any luck) that it will be a colder winter than it has been for many years.  I like that the freezes are another way for Nature to refresh herself.  I personally like that lots of insects don't get a chance to overpopulate and will die down during freezes.  

I hope the oceans get colder, too.  As we saw in the recent PBS 3-day show based in Monterey, there were many changes in the ocean due to warming currents.  Unhealthy changes.  

Plus, I just bought a new coat with a hood and removable liner from Coldwater Creek!  :-)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

i'm in northern cal and we just had a tornado watch right here where we live!  needless to say, we sat here looking at each other saying what do we do?  lots of thunder, lightening and rain.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

PHX 76 & sunny at 2pm

That sounds perfect for there!  We have friends in Phoenix.  I went to visit once in February, as was suggested, and it was already into the 90s.

You must have gotten here during a real heat wave!    90's would be VERY rare for Feb..........average daytime would be mid 60's, low in the 40's.   Perfect golfing weather (our claim to fame)!!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

This morning it is COLD  - 35 degrees. We may have rain today - that would be a blessing. Am in Sou Cal.

Respected Contributor

It's finally snowing in Wy.   Quite late for us.  And it's warmed up to 37.   We've been down to the teens and twenties for the last week.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

PHX 76 & sunny at 2pm

That sounds perfect for there!  We have friends in Phoenix.  I went to visit once in February, as was suggested, and it was already into the 90s.

You must have gotten here during a real heat wave!    90's would be VERY rare for Feb..........average daytime would be mid 60's, low in the 40's.   Perfect golfing weather (our claim to fame)!!!!!

You're right!  LOL

The visit was planned months ahead and she told me to come in Feb, it was always good weather, I wasn't used to heat.

Stepped off the plane and wilted.  As soon as I got in the car, she told me the obvious, Phoenix was having a heat wave.

Honored Contributor

At the moment, it's 49 in SF, but the sun has broken through so that should change pretty fast.

Late last night's 11 o'clock news showed a lot of 30s and 40s around the Bay Area.  From one extreme to the other. 

Thank God the months and months of heat have ended.

Honored Contributor

We ended up getting a halfway decent amount of snow from Monday afternoon through Monday night.  It was about 6-8 inches up where I am so the mountains had to measure in the 'feet'.

Since last winter was  such a bust this has been really nice.   The two times it snowed here last year didn't even add up to this.  No blizzard, by any means, but at least something measurable.  I hope it's better for the ski resorts this year!

Unfortunately, something happened that rendered a lot of people without power.  I guess we were lucky, as the power only went out momentarily during the night but our cable has been out since shortly before noon yesterday.   This is an anomaly for us.  Our cable virtually never goes out, so I don't know what the problem is.  I just hope it comes back soon.  But even more so, I hope the people without electricity got their power back!  I guess it was tens of thousands of people who lost power around 4am Tuesday morning.   It's been pretty cool at night (it was 20 when I got up this morning), so that isn't good.