Esteemed Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

@Anonymous032819 - I loved that song when it came out.  80 something, right?  I still really like it and thanks to your reminder, I went to youtube and am listening it to it now.  

As for earworms, that does happen to me but only once in a while.  No cure that I know.  Just kind of runs it course. 

@MrsSB 

Good guess!

It was released in August of 1980.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

A couple of months ago I had an old Linda Ronstadt song stuck in my head for days. I finally found my Linda Ronstadt " Greatest Hits " cd and played the darn song four times. It was "Someone to Lay Down Beside Me".

Respected Contributor

I've had one since last Sunday when I watched the second episode of "The Undoing:"  Dream a Little Dream of Me

Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819, I seem to always have an earworm and I hate it because it's almost always a song I don't like. A lot of times they are the songs from the grandkids tv shows. Baby Shark is starting to come to mind right now (ugh, please no!). Sometimes they are songs I like but almost always they are songs I don't like at all and it nearly drives me insane. I also will have the songs from the last Sunday church service in my head all week and it will play over and over and over in my mind. And while I love most of those songs, I want to turn them off sometimes and I can't seem to. I probably sound a bit looney, lol, but I don't know what to do about it. I just wish it didn't happen.

Valued Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Baby Shark.  Ugh.  And when shopping for the grands walking downn a toy aisle there are Baby Shark toys at which point it pops in my head and there for the day.  

@Wsmom If you read my post, you will see that I share your pain. lol!

Valued Contributor

I never don't have an earworm.  

There is always a song playing in my head, and it's usually the last one I heard.  The worst is when I don't like the song but can't get rid of it.  I never used to notice it, but my husband says I hum all the time.  One time we were in the supermarket and I started humming so loud that the guy stocking the shelf near me looked at me.  My husband said I was really getting loud.  Once in awhile, I catch myself singing, also.

There was a country song some years ago called "Lucky Man."  It was stuck in my head and I remember riding the elevator at the mall and all of a sudden realized I was singing "I'm a lucky, lucky man" out loud. lol

Super Contributor

Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen....I hated the song but whenever it would come on the radio it was stuck in my head for hours! 

Esteemed Contributor

When Helen Reddy died, I just kept hearing " I Am Woman" in my head for about a week!  And then I'd have to sing along, ha ha.  Finally got it out of my system, but gee, I really honored Helen's passing.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Now I have YMCA stuck in my head?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

"Nights in White Satin" - The Moody Blues