Respected Contributor

the best cure for ear worms is to sing as much of the song as you can. It always works for me

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I'm happy to have that earworm! 

Respected Contributor

The other day, when I was standing in line at the supermarket, the song: "Everyday People" was playing.  An elderly lady in front of me started swaying to the music, like it was her jam!  So cute!  Now, can't get that song out of my head.  Oh well, at least it's a good song.

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Anonymous032819  1-877 CARS FOR KIDS - Arrrrgh!! I hate that ditty so much, I turn it off as soon as it comes on. But by then it's too late!Smiley Mad The sad thing is it's so close to the tune of a song we used to sing in Sunday School, which I liked very much.

Oh, I hate that song too. I listen to a lot of sports shows, and that song comes up all the time.

I didn't have any song in my head until I read this post. Now I'm singing 877-cars-for-kids! The madness of that jingle!

Super Contributor

@Anonymous032819 - I loved that song when it came out.  80 something, right?  I still really like it and thanks to your reminder, I went to youtube and am listening it to it now.  

As for earworms, that does happen to me but only once in a while.  No cure that I know.  Just kind of runs it course. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Trusted Contributor

OMG this post is so funny!  That Kars for Kids song drives me nutso, too.

But, I can't get that darn French song out of my head.  It's that Allstate commercial where people are driving with things on the roof of their car.  I don't even know how to speak French, but I sing my own made-up French gibberish and keep singing that thing over and over and over...........aaarrrggg......

Edited to add: Edith Piaf is the singer, "Non, Je ne regrette rien" is the song.

Respected Contributor

Oh, those earworms can drive you nuts!!

Unfortunately, I have one now....last thing at night....first thing in the morning, and not a great song at that: "Julie Do Ya Love Me" by Bobby Sherman......UGH!!!!!!!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Baby Shark.  Ugh.  And when shopping for the grands walking downn a toy aisle there are Baby Shark toys at which point it pops in my head and there for the day.  

Esteemed Contributor

The last lsw office I worked in was 5 people, 2 attorneys and 3 secretaries. The one secretary kept the radio on a country station. She and the other secretary loved it, the 2 atts. and I hated it.

I swear that station played Red Solo Cup 10 times a day. I heard that God awful song in my sleep.

The woman attorney came by my desk on day saying, "dear God, that $&#@%$ song."

I opened my desk drawer and handed her a small screwdriver, "it's for your ears."  She burst out laughing and said it was a good idea. She went to the front room and turned the radio off.

Trusted Contributor

I have this going on constantly.  

Right now, the song is "I Just Want to Be Your Everything" by Andy Gibb.  Especially the line "you and me been finding each other for so long"....what awful grammar. 

I even sing the line to my dog.  It seems appropriate, because I love her so much.

I'm ready for a new earworm, though, I'm getting so sick of this one.