Honored Contributor

Re: DIRECTV ALREADY LOST SIGNAL AND ITS NOT EVEN RAINING YET

Our Directv is back on now. It’s 9:48. I have no idea why we lost the signal.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have Directv and about the only times I lose reception is when there is a heavy rain storm with lots of clouds and hail. During the winter sometimes the snow will collect on the dish and then I have to clear it off to get back reception. Most of the time  though my reception is fine...no problems whatsoever.

@SilleeMee 

Ditto for me except we have Dish Network.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

There is no cable where I live, if we want TV and Internet access we have to use these satellite services. We have Dish and it's usually pretty good.

Honored Contributor

Haven't lost internet looks like

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

No clouds overhead. No wind, no rain yet. Directv already lost the satellite signal.

@Mindy D 

How long have you has Directv?   Other than this problem, have you been happy with them?  If anyone else here also has an opinion, I'd really love to hear it!  TIA

Regular Contributor

When I had the DTV satellite service I always chuckled when the commercials claimed it was the most reliable because any type of cloud, heavier rain or snow caused the signal to fizzle out. I went with the streaming service and I couldn't be happier since my cable internet is incredible and I pay a lot less money for channels I actually watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I gave up Direct TV long ago.  We are in the woods, on a mountain.  Any rain or wind or anything disrupted our service.  We went to Comcast and we have been fine. 

Valued Contributor

Direct TV iks not the same.  I live in Southern Calif. where it hardly rains and yup, my direct tv goes out also saying it is due to bad weather.  That is a bunch of rubbish as I had Dish Network before Direct TV and NEVER EVER lost my picture in CA or AZ where I use to live and they had monsoon storms.  AT&T bought them and even the AT&T store admitted srvice is not the same now.  A lot of it is their equipment which sucks.  We lost CBS due labor contracts for about a month.  The ONLY reason I am with Direct tv is because of the NFL package but I am thinking next year to just go back to Dish.  Besides if you need to talk to them you have to call the Orient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

Direct TV iks not the same.  I live in Southern Calif. where it hardly rains and yup, my direct tv goes out also saying it is due to bad weather.  That is a bunch of rubbish as I had Dish Network before Direct TV and NEVER EVER lost my picture in CA or AZ where I use to live and they had monsoon storms.  AT&T bought them and even the AT&T store admitted srvice is not the same now.  A lot of it is their equipment which sucks.  We lost CBS due labor contracts for about a month.  The ONLY reason I am with Direct tv is because of the NFL package but I am thinking next year to just go back to Dish.  Besides if you need to talk to them you have to call the Orient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@grooms 

Thank you!!!  .... I'm also in SoCal and wondered if Directv was a problem in our area.   You answered my concerns.