Honored Contributor

DIRECTV ALREADY LOST SIGNAL AND ITS NOT EVEN RAINING YET

No clouds overhead. No wind, no rain yet. Directv already lost the satellite signal.

Honored Contributor

Re: DIRECTV ALREADY LOST SIGNAL AND ITS NOT EVEN RAINING YET

Dorian trackers have priorty. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D- I'm glad someone else has noticed this with DirecTV!  Lately I've told my DH that it seems a passing raindrop knocks out DirecTV.  And also our internet connection (different company, although they're supposedly all owned by AT&T now).  We pay a fortune and being rural don't have any other choices.  It's totally unacceptable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D     I don’t have direct t v due to so many trees. But I use a dvr with cable so I have shows recorded. In storms it’s nice to get the news. I hope your internet keeps working! Keep safe!  

It will be closer to me later in the week.😬

Esteemed Contributor

That's one of the reasons we dropped the dish networks.  So many times we couldn't get a signal when it wasn't raining or windy.  Don't miss it at all.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

That's one of the reasons we dropped the dish networks.  So many times we couldn't get a signal when it wasn't raining or windy.  Don't miss it at all.

It’s not even raining or windy yet!

Honored Contributor

I always lose signal before it starts raining.  I call it my rain detector.  But, we're only talking about about a minute before it actually starts raining.  If you're in the ara of the oncoming hurricaine, maybe high clouds that you can't see are blocking the signal.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Directv and about the only times I lose reception is when there is a heavy rain storm with lots of clouds and hail. During the winter sometimes the snow will collect on the dish and then I have to clear it off to get back reception. Most of the time  though my reception is fine...no problems whatsoever.

Honored Contributor

Back in the late 90's my ex and I signed up for Direct TV.  This is back when you had to installed it yourself (no i'm not kidding).  It was an interesting afternoon but once aligned/installed I honestly couldn't complain about their service.  I can remember watching TV uninterrupted when it was pouring outside (and we also had a ton of trees too) so that leads me to believe they have totally cheapened up on their equipment so the slightest whiff of rain and they are out.  Shame on them.  No wonder they throw in the DVR.  Such great customer service.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Back in the late 90's my ex and I signed up for Direct TV.  This is back when you had to installed it yourself (no i'm not kidding).  It was an interesting afternoon but once aligned/installed I honestly couldn't complain about their service.  I can remember watching TV uninterrupted when it was pouring outside (and we also had a ton of trees too) so that leads me to believe they have totally cheapened up on their equipment so the slightest whiff of rain and they are out.  Shame on them.  No wonder they throw in the DVR.  Such great customer service.

We’ve had it for years. It has to do with the reception of the satellite signal. Some things block the signal, cloud cover and things I’m not sure about.