Esteemed Contributor

Re: DID YOU KNOW LACE UNDIES HAVE BEEN BANNED IN 3 COUNTRIES?

@ROMARY wrote:

All they had to do is to require panty manufacturers to manufacture cotton croch panties. 

I believe most companies here in the US require manufacturers to use cotton in the crotch area.

It can be a health issue, but banning lace altogether seems odd.

@ROMARY  it is very strange. Unless the ladies are going outside in their underwear and saying look at me you can see everything and I doubt that.

Only the person you are intimate with should see your underwear.

Honored Contributor

Sadly it's still a man's world in most parts of the globe. But beware. One day, when women rule the earth, lace undie wearers will revolt and revenge won't be so kind.😁

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Years ago, doctors use to say cotton panties were better.

Yes, that's true, and they're right; but they shouldn't be banned.

I think there are some men that want more and more control of women. I also think that, deep down, there are men (I almost married one but I recognized his dislike just in time) who secretly--really and truly--hate women and this is one way of expressing that.

@GoneButNotForgotten 

My younger sister dated one of those. He was an abusive control freak. She finally got away from him. It was enough for her to never date or get married after what happened to her. 

I don't put up with men that think there's a place for women? That's how the guy we hired to do our kitchen cabinets acted. He was lucky I didn't throw him out of my house. He didn't show his true colors until we had gutted our kitchen.

When we had to pay the rest of the bill when he finished he gave DH the bill. DH told him you will have to get the wife to pay you. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

They all need to stay out of our business. It's none of their business what anyone does in their bedroom?

If a woman wants to wear lace panties or no panties or a thong go for it. I will keep wearing cotton. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Okay, I'm not posting the link, but the article is on huffpost dot com, if you'd like to read the whole thing.

"It’s common knowledge that cotton underwear is the best choice for the health of your nether regions. Many people, however, choose to ignore this advice for the sake of fashion and opt for knickers that are made out of lace or satin.

Yet three countries, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, effectively banned lace panties starting back in 2014. The bans aren’t about modesty or concerns about what people might be doing in the privacy of their bedrooms. Instead, these governments think that lace underwear without a cotton lining is unhygienic and poses a threat to one’s health. In the wake of these bans, protests broke out as women demanded the right to choose their underwear.

The biggest danger in wearing underwear without a cotton crotch is that moisture can build up, which allows yeast and bacteria to thrive, the expert explained."

This interesting article went on to describe body parts that would not be considered G-rated.

Can you believe that some countries BANNED a certain type of underwear?  Can you believe this was discussed and debated by government officials before a "ban" was voted and decided upon? 

@Tinkrbl44 You can't believe some countries banned this?  If you can't believe that, you need to do a lot more reading about human rights issues elsewhere.  It's no joke. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Crazy. Who knew yeast infections were such a deadly disease that required such strict guidelines....I wonder... if it's truly airflow that's the concern what they'd think about going commando (no underwear)....then there's lots of airflow... health crisis averted. Woman LOL

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

Well I guess Poise pads and Depends are out. Lots of moisture there.Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

I thought by now every underwear had a cotton crotch or maybe the people making these decision to ban them don't know that. Another thing that helps with yeast infection is to "air it out at night". It needs some air. Don't keep it all wrapped up.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerHead  I wonder if they are planning to go around and collect all the lace underwear?

Respected Contributor

But no doubt tobacco is still legal!  SMH!