Respected Contributor

Re: Corona... overkill... does anyone

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Corona isn't nearly as contagious as other diseases, and it has a high survival rate.  I'm washing my hands as usual and living my life.

The panic from the media and stock market is ridiculous.

We do not know this or how much the virus has spread due to delayed and inadequate testing. We are far behind most of the world in our response and continued inaction.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Surgeon General Jerome Adams recently said that while the US has seen an increase in coronavirus cases, there’s no need to panic.

“Caution is appropriate. Preparedness is appropriate. Panic is not,” he said.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with you. Tired of the same ole information with no hope of really making it better anytime soon.  As I have said before.  I am going on with my life.  Dance festival in two weeks... here I come.  This ELDERLY GAL wakes up in the morning and says... TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE... 

Honored Contributor

We don't know how much the initial spread to the U.S. was slowed by decisive steps of travel bans and quarantine requirements instituted in January.  These were vigorously attacked (in some quarters) at the time.  There needs to be scrutiny of course, in how every country responds to this new virus, including China (which has a history of dangerous obfuscation when it comes to communicable diseases that originate there.)  But the scrutiny, I believe, should be balanced, not driven by outside agendas.            

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Agree with you. Tired of the same ole information with no hope of really making it better anytime soon.  As I have said before.  I am going on with my life.  Dance festival in two weeks... here I come.  This ELDERLY GAL wakes up in the morning and says... TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE... 

Please don't be so selfish - look at the facts!  It's not about any one of our wants and enjoyment but the reality is anyone could be spreading it to hundreds who will also spread it and on and on without knowing because someone selfishly knew they were exposed to it and didn 't self quarantine.  Until more is known and a  way to contain it is found then flying, going to fun festivals and being in larger crowds should be avoided or even canceled!

It may be the first day of the rest your life but if you inadvertently spread it it could be one of the last for many!!!  I know at 67 I have lived a full and great life so dying from this virus is no real comcern for me but to know I could spread it to many others because I wanted to go to a festival or on a cruise would be morally wrong!!!  It is fast spreading - think.  It won't be awful giving up trips, festivals, etc until this is figured out!! 

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Please don't be so selfish - look at the facts!  It's not about any one of our wants and enjoyment but the reality is anyone could be spreading it to hundreds who will also spread it and on and on without knowing because someone selfishly knew they were exposed to it and didn 't self quarantine.  Until more is known and a  way to contain it is found then flying, going to fun festivals and being in larger crowds should be avoided or even canceled!

It may be the first day of the rest your life but if you inadvertently spread it it could be one of the last for many!!!  I know at 67 I have lived a full and great life so dying from this virus is no real comcern for me but to know I could spread it to many others because I wanted to go to a festival or on a cruise would be morally wrong!!!  It is fast spreading - think.  It won't be awful giving up trips, festivals, etc until this is figured out!! 

Selfish? I’d say that YOU are the selfish one for thinking that you can dictate to others based on your fear, and then scold them because they’re not reacting with panic. I, like many others HAVE looked at the facts and determined what is the appropriate course of action for ME. There is no reason for me to isolate myself. You do you and stop trying to shame others into acting otherwise. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Selfish? I’d say that YOU are the selfish one for thinking that you can dictate to others based on your fear, and then scold them because they’re not reacting with panic. I, like many others HAVE looked at the facts and determined what is the appropriate course of action for ME. There is no reason for me to isolate myself. You do you and stop trying to shame others into acting otherwise. 

I have no fear nor am I paniced - just taking the advice (that many are selfishly ignoring) of the CDC and doctors to stay out of crowds to prevent the fast spreading virus until more is known on how to contain and treat it.  

Honored Contributor

@ novamc  Thamk you for your complete and clearly-worded answer to my question.

Trusted Contributor

Reading over some of these responses, I'm amazed that some ppl have gotten this old w/nobody telling them what to do and how to do it. @Pook is right, as are others. We get it, you don't care about anyone else, how kind of you, we are different, we have friends, neighbors and relatives that we know we could spread germs to so we take logical precautions.

As I said once before, we have to look out for the ones who are too SELFISH to care about anyone but themselves. Thank goodness there are ppl in high places who have to cancel trips, etc. for the ppl who won't use their brain.

Honored Contributor

Not many people do.