Honored Contributor

Re: Co-sleeping with your furbaby :)

Sleeping with one pet seems to work for me....he doesn't choose to sleep on our bed every night..he travels around to different sleeping areas.  

Since he's a cat, he can sometimes wake up at 2 am and start vigorously washing himself...and I have to tell him to cut that out!  I'd bet that if there were two or more pets on the bed, I wouldn't get a lot of sleep.

Trusted Contributor

Our 3 kitties (was 4 until earlier this year) enjoy cramping us in at night. I keep telling hubby that we need to get a king size bed. He says it wouldn't matter because they'd still just sleep by a leg, foot or head and continue to cramp us in.

What's funny is when hubby is lying on his back,our buff-tabby Crispy parks himself on his tummy with his keister near hubby's neck.

But when I'm lying on my back, Crispy just parks himself with his head near my chin. We just can't figure out why this is.

Our cats know that hubby is usually up by 5 am and they expect to get fed at that time. If hubby doesn't get up then they start fussin' until he does. Even the time change doesn't phase them; they just "know."

Valued Contributor

Two of our kitties sleep on our bed at night even though they will choose to sleep in cat beds during the day.

One female will come up for a cuddle and then she leaves for her own bed until morning.

My Persian girl likes to sleep against my back.  If I turn over she will wait until I resettle and climb over me to get against my back again.  I think I disturb HER sleep!!

Our male, a British Blue, weighs about 15 pounds and plants himself in the middle of DH's side.  Probably because DH will arrange himself around the cat, then he never moves.  I flip back & forth too much for this cat to stay comfortable on my side.   The third kitty has the smartest idea... she loves her own bed!

Honored Contributor

LOL @sandraskates yep take it from me, getting a king sized bed does not solve the problem of  overcrowding! They will just think it is more room for THEM to spread out, lol! cat-smiley.gif

Valued Contributor

Being single I do enjoy having my 2 dogs in bed with me.  I only have one problem, if I move off a pillow, I lose.  They run and lay across the pillows where I have no room to put my head.  Yes, they win.  I normally just turn around and put my head at the foot end of the bed and let them have all the pillows.  BTW...adding pillows does not help.  They just some how stretch to cover all the pillows. It will be interesting to see what happens when my fiance and I do get married.  Of course she loves the dogs as much as I do but I am certain she will want to sleep on her own pillow.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

LOL @sandraskates yep take it from me, getting a king sized bed does not solve the problem of  overcrowding! They will just think it is more room for THEM to spread out, lol! cat-smiley.gif

You should've purchased a CA king instead, LOL.  Cat Tongue

Though I'm not sure if it would have actually made a difference to them.

Your animated emoji is precious!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

You should've purchased a CA king instead, LOL.  Cat Tongue

Though I'm not sure if it would have actually made a difference to them.

Your animated emoji is precious!

Actually we had a Cal King first but since the other dogs like to sleep next to me (yes, heads on my pillow) and my husband wasn't happy with his lack of room to move from side to side, we got the regular King instead. Cal king is longer than it is wide.The picture hubby took with me and the 5 animals was a Cal King. So yeah, no, it made no difference to them how or where they could stretch out more, they just did it, lol.

LOL, yeah I love the emotie. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Being single I do enjoy having my 2 dogs in bed with me.  I only have one problem, if I move off a pillow, I lose.  They run and lay across the pillows where I have no room to put my head.  Yes, they win.  I normally just turn around and put my head at the foot end of the bed and let them have all the pillows.  BTW...adding pillows does not help.  They just some how stretch to cover all the pillows. It will be interesting to see what happens when my fiance and I do get married.  Of course she loves the dogs as much as I do but I am certain she will want to sleep on her own pillow.  Smiley Very Happy

@INDIANA BONES lol yeah, I know all about the Invasion of the Pillow snatchers!! I live it almost every night, lol. Congrats on your engagement, btw!

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

@INDIANA BONES lol yeah, I know all about the Invasion of the Pillow snatchers!! I live it almost every night, lol. Congrats on your engagement, btw!

Thanks so very much for your good wishes.  We are waiting unitl summer to gete married so the dogs get to keep the pillows are few more months.  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Hooray!  Smiley Happy

Blessings to you both - plus the dogbabies, of course. 8)