Trusted Contributor

Re: Co-sleeping with your furbaby :)

My DH does most of the feeding of our 4 cats so they are always around him.  Sometimes he'll take a nap on the weekends and all 4 will get on the bed with him.  They give him his space and usually lay on my side of the bed.  so cute.  DH  LOVES that they want to be around him like that and I know it comforts him and makes him sleep better.   I always hear him talking to the cats and laughing when he wakes up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb wrote:

We tried co-sleeping with our two bengals, but their games of tag at 3:00 am got them banished.

"Let's chase each other and rattle the blinds at each side of the head of the bed.  Don't mind those human heads sleeping there!"

Yes - have more than one kitty is asking for trouble in the wee hours. Mine (when I had two) used to wake me up hissing and spitting for the spot next to my head - prime real estate!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

We tried co-sleeping with our two bengals, but their games of tag at 3:00 am got them banished.

"Let's chase each other and rattle the blinds at each side of the head of the bed.  Don't mind those human heads sleeping there!"

And wondering why their humans aren't also nocturnal, LOL.

(I'm sure you did your breed research beforehand, though).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LyndaGee wrote:

HappyDaze:  Oh no!  Wonder what sort of crazy dreams the dogs are having to cause all that kicking and commotion ??!!!

I wonder too! It truly is insane how bad he kicks. He is on my husband's side but if he were on my side, I'd wake him up because I'd be worried he's having a nightmare of some big bad monster chasing him or something! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Our dogs slept in their dog beds on the floor of our bedroom. Dog beds for dogs and human beds for humans.  Our dogs were not welcome on our bed. We all , including the dog, slept just fine in our appropriate beds.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FUTURE wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

Love them, but can't sleep in the same bed with them.  I'm a back sleeper, and one of the cats likes to sleep on my neck!  I feel like I can't breathe!  The dog kicks.  The cats sleep in the spare bedroom and the dog usually ends up on the Den couch.  Everybody's happy and cozy.

lol oh I know!! I am thankful that the one that kicks like a madman at night is the one that doesn't like to sleep on the bed with us! That dog would be potentially lethal!! But he does kick the walls and the closet doors sometimes  when he gets going and that does wake me up out of a dead sleep!

I wear earplugs, so ours don't wake me up, but they walk over to hubby if they need to go potty in the middle of the night. The funny thing is, they must be aware that "Mama" (me) is sleeping, so they go to DH and one growls quietly, and the other "woofs" under her breath. It's hilarious!!! But if I heard one that big kicking the door or wall, I'd be sitting straight up out of bed!!! Smiley Wink

@FUTURE oh my gosh your post made me laugh out loud! I love the quiet growling and the woofing under their breath! How utterly polite of them to keep it dialed down at nights! LOL! And yes, when he kicks the doors or walls I shoot out of bed, thinking someone is breaking in or a tree fell on the house or something! Seriously!

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

@feline groovy

Oh yeah, we knew they were active, and the adopted retired breeder was old enough to be sedate and happy to sleep the night, but the younger one would just egg her on!  LOL

OT - I'm just glad I talked my husband into bengals, because HE wanted a bobcat or Canadian Lynx!!!  Imagine a 30 lb. cat running over your head!  (Not to mention the size of the litterbox you'd need...)

Denise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Nat Geo Wild channel had a wonderful program on earlier tonight (will likely repeat) about adopting dogs. Hosted by Kaley Cuoco & many celebrities appeared. A real feelgood program. Everyone here would enjoy it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

@feline groovy

Oh yeah, we knew they were active, and the adopted retired breeder was old enough to be sedate and happy to sleep the night, but the younger one would just egg her on!  LOL

OT - I'm just glad I talked my husband into bengals, because HE wanted a bobcat or Canadian Lynx!!!  Imagine a 30 lb. cat running over your head!  (Not to mention the size of the litterbox you'd need...)

Cat Very Happy

Your hubs would probably enjoy the tall & super-energetic Savannah (an African Seval crossbreed); they also have powerful hind legs, LOL.

Respected Contributor

i never slept with a cat i didn't like....:-)