Honored Contributor

Re: An Experience Today That Gave Me a Scare

I like to play deaf when a stranger approaches and makes me feel threatened.I just keep moving away with a steady pace.

Respected Contributor

You were foolish to spend one moment with him.  Why didn't you return to the store and have them call 9-1-1?  You're lucky you weren't assaulted or killed.

If you live in a state where carrying a firearm is legal, get one, get training and keep the firearm handy.  That's the great equalizer. 

Honored Contributor

wow, smart thinking, glad you were saved from a possible bad experience.

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2:  Very smart, quick thinking on your part! I'm going to keep that in mind if I am faced with a situation like this.

Honored Contributor

Extremely fast thinking!!  You did great!!

Both my sons ride, my oldest is deeply involved with bikes and repairs and I've met many of his biker customers.  I have been treated with nothing but respect and son #1 wouldn't deal with anyone dicey!  He would have known instinctively what you were doing and I'm SO glad you found someone so receptive.  I do believe that angels are around us and some actually ride!!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

You should have turned right around, went back into the store.

You got lucky

Valued Contributor

I certainly didn't expect the number of overwhelming positive responses (and thank you all for them) and certainly was prepared for those criticizing my decision. Yes, prior to "John" showing up it did cross my mind, fleetingly, to turn back around and go back into the store. But, it also crossed my mind that I was dealing with an erratic, irrational drug addict who I might pi$$ off further if I was to turn around, go back to the store to get help and him wanting to stop me from taking that action. I had to make a quick decision and still strongly feel I made the right one for me. I hope none of my sisters have to ever be in the same situation, but if you are, do what your gut tells you to do and do what you think is best for you. LuLu
Esteemed Contributor

Well said @Its Me LuLuBelle2.  None of us knows what we would do if we were actually in that position.  You had no time to think and just acted.  Fortunately, it worked out well for you.  I certainly don't know what I would have done, but I doubt returning to the store would have been my first thought.  

Super Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
I certainly didn't expect the number of overwhelming positive responses (and thank you all for them) and certainly was prepared for those criticizing my decision. Yes, prior to "John" showing up it did cross my mind, fleetingly, to turn back around and go back into the store. But, it also crossed my mind that I was dealing with an erratic, irrational drug addict who I might pi$$ off further if I was to turn around, go back to the store to get help and him wanting to stop me from taking that action. I had to make a quick decision and still strongly feel I made the right one for me. I hope none of my sisters have to ever be in the same situation, but if you are, do what your gut tells you to do and do what you think is best for you. LuLu

You know there will always be criticism here.  I would have done the same thing you did.  It is very easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.

Frequent Contributor

As my Mom said there are times you don't have to remember your manners.  Ladies carry pepper spray and a tactical pen.  Get them for the women in your life for Christmas.  Seriously that guy would have gotten a face full of mace pro-actively Smiley Happy