Respected Contributor

Re: About packages left at doors!

My UPS guy leaves the package and doesn't ring the bell.  The mail guy rings the bell.   My porch is well covered so someone would have to walk up and look for a package or see it being delivered.    I've heard they will follow the delivery trucks 

Honored Contributor

If you're concerned  - check to see if you have one of those mailbox stores nearby.  We have a service here where I live - and for a small monthly fee, they take care of shipping and receiving for members.   I have all my deliveries sent there.  I don't have to worry about them.

Honored Contributor

I get a text message when UPS delivers my packages, not like I have to worry about them being stolen though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Tracking is a ******-shoot

Not if you go directly to the website of the shipping company (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.).

I never rely on Macys, Nordstrom, QVC, HSN, etc. to have updated tracking.

I go to the carrier for the latest info.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

UPS and FedEX drop and run...no doorbell...no knock on the door...The postman will sometimes ring the bell...sometimes not..I guess he is moody...lol...

So far nothing has been taken....

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay   I am LOL at your post!  I say REMOVE the caffeine out of the green room!   Jeeze!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a box at Postal Annex just for my packages. I do most of my shopping online so for peace of mind it was important for me to take this step. In fact I just renewed today for another 6 months. It cost me $78.00 and it's well worth the cost IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus  We pay enough for shipping without paying that.  What I am finding frustrating is this:  Last week ordered the Amazon Alexa speaker.  It was supposed to be delivered today By UPS.  I kept checking and all of a sudden it is changed to tomorrow by USPS.   This is crazy.  I had to go out and waited because I knew the numb nuts would leave the 100.00 item at my door, and then they change it.  

I used to have a PO box for that reason but in the Winter with the snow birds flying in , I would wait in line for an hr to get a package.  The more we pay the worse the service.  

Honored Contributor

I've always had packages just left on the front porch.  Today I had a delivery from Amazon, via USPS.  They sent me an email that they attempted delivery and nobody was home.  It wasn't clear if they would come again tomorrow.  There was a link to schedule delivery, but it was for businesses only.  I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

Tracking is a ******-shoot

Lol!

@software Ain't it the truth!