Honored Contributor

Re: A happy day

[ Edited ]

@cherry  My father drove  his own car and lived on his own up until the day he died....he was 95.  Not every  senior citizen can do this, but many can and do!. 

Honored Contributor

Good for him to pass the requirements!

I’m assuming he will be insured as well, yes?

Honored Contributor

Of course he is insured, He doesn't drive on the expressway, just surface streets, and he stays within a 10 mile radius of his home. Most of the time he is only a mile or two away

I am so happy for him. It is a shame just to deprive someone of a car ,when they are capable of driving, He is not someone who will text, or phone, or do a million and one things, some people do while they are driving.

He had Mr Cherry drive him home because, he wasn't familiar with this area.  

Respected Contributor

Its nice to see that there are still kind people out there like Mr. Cherry and neighbors who will go out of their way to help someone in need. Kindness begets kindness.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Your neighbor should have pushed it. The police can figure out who hit who, they do it all the time, I think it's called accident reconstruction.

Not for a parking lot fender bender.

Cherry, I am very happy to hear the great news.  You and your DH are wonderful.  What a lucky man!

Honored Contributor

@cherry,

So nice to read a happy story,

http://images.clipartpanda.com/smiley-face-thumbs-up-40696495.jpg

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Of course he is insured, He doesn't drive on the expressway, just surface streets, and he stays within a 10 mile radius of his home. Most of the time he is only a mile or two away

@cherry

I’m glad he got re-insured.  

I assuming Insurance was dropped when they were notified of his

revoked license.  That would be the hardest part of this entire

scenario...reinstating dropped insurance due to an accident,

revoked license & his age. The mileage radius of his driving habits

really doesn’t factor in unless he legally has a special provision.

Occasional Contributor

@cherry wrote:

As many of you know, our neighbor had his license taken away because of a fender bender, in a parking lot. He told us that the women hit him ,a lied about it. I always believed him, he is a careful driver, and as honest as the day is long

Today, Mr Cherry took him for his testing. He had been studying the rule manual, and took a sample test, the other day,  and got the questions all right. Our neighbor checked them. Mr Cherry made sure, days ago, his brake lights, and turn signals worked properly. His other neighbors washed his car, so everything was bright and shiny ,and ship shape, for today. On the way over, Mr cherry pointed out some differnt style pedestrian crossings ,that we don't have around us ,so he would be sure and know what they were, and to be on the lookout for them

Mr Cherry called me to tell me he passed his written test with flying colors ,and his driving test as well

His birthday is in 2 months, however ,they renewed his license for 4 years, today, and he got his tags for the license plate

Our neighbor never travels more than a few miles from home. He now can get himself to the  senior center, where he helps prepare the meal,after that, he goes to his church ,to prepare food parcels for the needy. He is close to his Dr, and the bank, and grocery store.

I am so pleased he did well. He is very independent, and now he can drive himself again.  He is a fine man, and I am so happy for him

Thank u for this inspiring post! You and DH sound like wonderful people!

Respected Contributor

@cherry What a nice way to start my day (reading your post). I have always felt from your posts, that you are a lovely, kind hearted, giving person. From what you write, so is your husband. It's refreshing to find such a wonderful couple. What your husband did was a blessing for your neighbor. How nice and special. Thank you for putting a smile on my face! Your husband and you are 😇s.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@Coquille and all. I wish you could know my neighbor. He is such a wonderful person. He is kind and generous to everyone. When you ask him how he is, he always says I am blessed

He might be blessed but he is also a blessing to everyone  he meets

Sometimes good things do happen to someone, and he deserved to get his license back..He wanted to repay Mr Cherry but he told him to  take his gal pal out for lunch

He was so happy to be able to drive her to the Dr to get stiches removed from her hand, after surgery.  He is so happy to be out and about once more, and we are happy for him

He was never a threat to anyone, unlike the woman who hit him, and lied about it. I won't leave her to her conscience, because she doesn't have one, but, I will trust that  sometime, the truth will come out. I just hope she doesn't kill someone in the process, with her terrible driving