Super Contributor

What attracted you to the book you are . . .

[ Edited ]

. . . venturing through at the present time?

Girl Before by P.J. Delaney

The hype and the author's intent to make an unusual house that monitors the tenant's every move a character in his psychological thriller.

Honored Contributor

Re: What attracted you to the book you are . . .

rustee, that sounds good.  I hope you'll give a review when you've finished it...

Honored Contributor

I'm currently reading" Comfort me with Apples " by Ruth Reichl. I finished her first book and was delighted to see hat this one is a sequel. She is a food writer, editor, and food critic, but best of all a great storyteller. Her first book is " Tender at the Bone, and there is another about her time as NYT restaurant critic.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

1984 - current events

Double Whammy - This is also a re-read for me and it's the first Carl Hiaasen book with Skink and reveals his backstory. Skink has one of the best backstories of any character in any book I've ever read and I wanted to revisit that.

Super Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

1984 - current events

Double Whammy - This is also a re-read for me and it's the first Carl Hiaasen book with Skink and reveals his backstory. Skink has one of the best backstories of any character in any book I've ever read and I wanted to revisit that.

@ChynnaBlue

I am looking forward to hearing the BBC's 1984 play I downloaded from iTunes. A number of years ago I enjoyed listening to Skinny Dip by Hiaasen.

Honored Contributor

@rustee wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

1984 - current events

@ChynnaBlue

I am looking forward to hearing the BBC's 1984 play I downloaded from iTunes. A number of years ago I enjoyed listening to Skinny Dip by Hiaasen.

@rustee, I've read all Carl Hiaason's books and have enjoyed some of them as audio books. The one I would NOT recommend as an audio book is his latest, Razor Girl. The guy who reads that one decided to make the lead woman sound like a total ditz and it ruined the book for me. I wish they wouldn't have men pretend to be women when the read the women's lines. 

Respected Contributor

@rustee

I am reading this book now and am having trouble getting into it.  I'll most likely finish it but I like books that hold my interest right from the start. 

Honored Contributor

A neighbor suggested the book.  Today, I watched a movie based on the book Me Before You.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG

I read Me Before You before I saw the movie.  Both were excellent.  I highly recommend Me After You which continues her life after the first book ends.   

Frequent Contributor

Shopgirl by Steve Martin.  It's a novella so it's short!  Trying to get myself back into reading after a very long dry spell and I'm hoping that a good quick read will snap me back into the groove.  I have so many books piled up but for some reason I just haven't been able to pick them up.