Super Contributor

Re: What attracted you to the book you are . . .

[ Edited ]

Three Weeks with Lady X by Eloisa James.  I like delving into historical fiction books involving dukes and their ladies from time to time.  I need a break from all the murder mysteries!

Honored Contributor

I have some Ben West books. I love his true story telling of people out in the woods, in Canada or off Alaska. I even get out maps to see where these places are. There just are good story writers and Mr. West use to write for an outdoor magazine and I really like these books. I had to hunt these books down  from 30 years ago. I found them!!! (I should be a detective). LOL

Super Contributor

@rustee I just finished listening to a Pacifica Radio reading of 1984.  They did it in 13 parts.  One hour each.  

I also read The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood, a few months back.  

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

A neighbor suggested the book.  Today, I watched a movie based on the book Me Before You.

You should read "After You".

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

A neighbor suggested the book.  Today, I watched a movie based on the book Me Before You.

You should read "After You".

---------

Post #9 also suggested that. I'll check it out.

Honored Contributor

It was something that was on my "to read" list for a long time.. This past December,, a Prof from CUA offered an online (via Twitter) seminar on the book ... so I'm reading and participating.

Trusted Contributor

Lisa Gardner, "Right Behind You". I have read this author before and was pulled in by a jacket description that I read in Bookpage. Also, our own library just got a copy so I put myself on the hold list & got it yesterday. I'm about halfway through & it's driving me crazy. I'm resting my eyes right now so that I can continue. Highly recommend. (BTW--it's #7 in a series. I'm not sure if I've read 1-6, but it hasn't hurt, other than knowing about Quincy & Raine background previous to now.)

Honored Contributor

The author. Really like Harlan Corben. Lately I think Grisham is not so good.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Reading another book by Grisham "The Appeal". Really am enjoying it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Yesterday afternoon I spent a few hours at the library, was sitting in an area where I always have luck just randomly finding something I am interested in.

I had my Kindle with me but I found Between Breaths by Elizabeth Vargas. She is the ABC anchor and reporter who is a recovering alcoholic. She describes in the book how her lifelong struggle with anxiety led to her drinking.

I have wanted to read her book since I saw her tv interviews last year when she was promoting it. I read more than half of it in the library and checked it out to read the rest. It's very engrossing, and that is the best feeling in the world. When I can relax enough to get lost in a book. I had forgotten that feeling.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"