Esteemed Contributor

Re: What attracted you to the book you are . . .

I'm reading While you Were Sleeping by Kathryn Croft. I think I heard some buzz about it, as I do about so many of these English murder mysteries ala Girl on the Train etc. Some of them are excellent, some are good, and some are so boring. This one is pretty good, and I'm about halfway through.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

Handmaid's Tale by Atwood

This book grabbed my attention because it is set in the near future, and it describes life in what was once the United States and is now called the Republic of Gilead.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Esteemed Contributor

Right now I am reading "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn, one day I was at a web site and this book popped up and I swear I never read it, but now that I am reading it I do remember parts of it, since it was so long ago and I do not entirely remember all the details I decided to read it again.

Esteemed Contributor

@windfall Good luck, I have spells like that as well!

Respected Contributor

A friend  highly reccomended Arthur C Clarke and after reading  the Oddasy ( spelling?)  series  I was hooked. Now I am on the time series.  His science fiction is so well written it may someday be science fact.  he had a great vision  on what may or could happen if we were being studied by other civilizations beyond the stars.

Trusted Contributor

I suppose this is sort of an odd reason. It's because the main character is an 104 year old Lithuanian woman and that is my husband's nationality. It's called the One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood and so far I am enjoying it. It's definitely not your run of the mill subject matter.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

The Count of Monte Cristo .... I wanted to see if a tome written by an author paid by the line was everything it was  cracked up to be. So far  ...   it is.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hollywood Daughter a novel by Kate Alcott

(the Hollywood/Ingrid Bergman/1950s connection)

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Valued Contributor

I love espionage thrillers, so I am attracted to anything in that vein. Also don't mind a good love story with a great mystery involved.

Honored Contributor

It was written by a close friend's mother.  And she would like me to review it.  It's going to be a challenge!