Regular Contributor

Re: Yoga for your Lips and Neck

I have not noticed any bad effects from the kiss the sky. I guess you are right in that it could cause more wrinkles..

LOL on the out loud. I don't do that noise out loud and you sure don't have to Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yoga for your Lips and Neck

On 3/7/2014 Montana said:
On 3/7/2014 ennui1 said:

I've heard that facial exercises give you wrinkles. Think about it. Laugh lines? Marionette lines? Wrinkled lips?

That happened to me when I started doing exaggerated vowel exercises. Started getting deeper marionette lines. Increased wrinkles and lines have happened to users of the facial flex device too. I don't know why it affects some and not others.

Yes, I do not know, either. One can only speculate. If your substructure is pretty much intact (collagen & elastin) from a healthy diet (perhaps also from some key topicals like vitamin C & acids), and you do not stretch or pull the skin as you exercise, then I think you get the positive results.

I espouse counteracting gravity through strong muscles, and you do have facial muscles. But there are always more things to consider -- environment; other habits, such as diet & cleansing, overexposure to sun, other skin manipulation (what I consider artifical)....lots of things, I guess.