Trusted Contributor

Re: Wow wow wow: YSL Black Opium Fragrance

Personally, I did not like it at all. It was way too strong for me. I received a sample directly from YSL when it came out and after one spritz, I gave it to my daughter as she likes those strong smelling scents.  I had to wash it off, it was too much.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

Re: Wow wow wow: YSL Black Opium Fragrance

@hicindy2 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I was a fan of Shalimar 40 yrs. ago...tried opium many years ago and received sample of black opium and not a fan as well.  Something in the scent that just gets to almost nauseating factor...even though I washed scent off wrist with soap/water and then wiped with alcohol on cotton pad, I could still smell it through the evening...

good news for those who like it!  It certainly has staying power, which strong scents do...I remember smelling Shalimar on my wrist the next morning!

@AKgirl2: I need samples too. I could never just buy a fragrance based on the notes w/o testing it with my particular/ peculiar chemistry.  One time I tried Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir and I thought I was the cat's meow. Unfortunately, the other people in my cubicle area were asking when had they sprayed for ants !! Needless to say, that was an expensive mistake. 

@hicindy2 That is hilarious!!  I did the same thing with Tova. I'd read all the raves, then all the controversy how the new Tova wasn't the same as the old version. Some hated the new one, some loved it still. I'd never tried it so I figured I'd just have to see myself. Didn't really like it at all but thought maybe it would grow on me so I missed the window to return it. 

Now I'm stuck with it. I try to wear it around the house sometimes, but it's just too sweet for me. And I couldn't just order the fragrance. I had to get a set that cost even more 😜

but sprayed for ants??  That cracks me up!!